Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2015-01-27 18:28:00

Phil Jones

Users not appearing in reports

I have a site safety orientation course that I modified this year. It needs to be available to both employees and visitors to our facility so I set up an event with links for onsite people to access the course with their company credentials and a link for visitors to register.

I then created a course report to track completion but I am noticing that some visitors are not appearing in the report even though they have completed the course. However if I look up their account under "users and groups" and generate a training report for that user I see that they have completed the course.

It appears that they are not getting enrolled in the course. If I manually enroll them they then appear in the course report.

Why are they not getting enrolled but are able to complete the course?

How do I find other users that I am unaware of that have completed the course but don't appear in the course report due to the fact that they were not enrolled?

#2 2015-01-27 19:00:52

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Users not appearing in reports

Technically guest accounts are not allowed to be enrolled in a Training Course or Curriculum. However, the Events Module does seem to bypass this and allow them to interact with the course, but the reporting is spotty at best and they won't always gain access to all objects because the Connect server may block access to guest accounts.

So, confusing rights discussion asside, if you are going to put a Training Course or Curriculum up as an Event, make sure the event's policy for user creation is to create users as Registered Users.

#3 2015-01-27 19:28:02

Phil Jones

Yes I have the user policy set to: All users created through event form are full Adobe Connect users

Perhaps these people were already in the system as a guest?

I guess I could try enrolling every user in the course.

#4 2015-01-28 10:45:15

Jorma_at_CoSo

If you have guest users (you can check in the Admin section of Connect Central), you can convert them to full users and this should wake up the reporting.

If you don't have guest users, you may need to reach out to Adobe to have them check the DB and see if they can identify a cause of the lack of reporting.

Board footer