Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-12-31 13:14:19

David T Evans

Problems publising PowerPoint with Presenter videos to Connect

Hi Everyone, I'm rather new to this - btw: "Happy new year" :)

I have managed to save video clips to a PowerPoint presentation. I can view it in Preview and even save it to the PC and "Package". But I am getting stuck trying to load it to Connect. When the Pn "Publish to Adobe Connect" box shows, no matter which options I chose, the "Ok" button stays greyed out, so I cannot progress any further.  Then the save cancels :(

When an Adobe Connect URL is asked for, am I right in copying one from my general "Contents Library" page?  I have even created a folder on that page for the presentation, and tried using that URL, but whatever I do, I still get rejected at the same point. 

Anyone know the answer, please, or a good video I can watch on how to do it?  All the ones I've tried don't mention this problem.

thanks.

David

#2 2015-01-05 12:23:17

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Problems publising PowerPoint with Presenter videos to Connect

The URL needs to be unique to the presentation being published. If you put a URL for another folder or object in the wizard, it will reject it with a message that that URL is taken and to choose another.

There is a good step by step guide of the process here: http://helpx.adobe.com/presenter/using/ … ect_server

#3 2015-01-09 09:36:34

David T Evans

Thanks so much for this post.  Maybe I am having a "du-uuh!" moment but I'm still not getting it and the document you show doesn't really help. 

I've tried again from what you kindly wrote.  In my contents library I created a brand new folder. I opened the folder and then used the folder's name and URL in the Publish wizard in the Adobe Presenter function in powerpoint.  (I inserted the URL in at the Settings tab.  All seemed to work well.  It takes ages to upload it, but then when it almost finishes, it shows me a dialogue box, showing the correct folder open, but with a message "This folder is empty".  And the "okay" button, to complete the process, I grey out, so I cannot activate it.  Even watching the training video doesn't quite show what to do here. 

Am I doing their correct thing to generate a unique URL, ie creating a new folder in Content library, opening it and copying that URL?  The only URL before that would be the generic Content library itself?

So sorry, but looking forward to hearing from you.

One more quick question please ... when / if it is published, when I try the Preview option, it shows my slides and then a whole menu box, with small video of me (working correctly) and a list of my slides below etc.  can I get rid of that and just have a larger video screen plus my powerPoint slides, without all these dialogue frames?

Thanks.  david

#4 2015-01-13 15:54:20

Jorma_at_CoSo

When publishing with Presenter to Connect, you only need to give Presente the URL to your server, for example yourcompany.adobeconnect.com. After you log into Connect, you will browse to your desired folder and click the Publish to this location button. The folder URL is not something you need to worry about.

From there you should be presented with the wizard for naming the Presentation and giving it a URL.

As to your presentation and it's video, can you provide a screen shot of what you are seeing? This would help me better wrap my head around what you have and where you are trying to get.

Thanks.

Board footer