Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-09-23 11:28:23

agould

Challenges when delivering content for both mobile and desktop

I have come across a few challenges when delivering for both sets of devices and having spent some time trying to resolve them I am wondering what others have found and approaches are taken to overcome them.

1. Video in Powerpoint presentations

Embedded video does not play for either device type. If you use Presenter (as Adobe instruct), it works fine on desktop but not mobile.  Presenter is supposed to support FLVs but Presenter 10 rejects the file format.

What I have done is to use FLVs in a separate share pod. Although not ideal it works and the file sizes are much smaller than MP4s etc.

2. Interactive content with Captivate/Presenter

If you publish from either to both SWF and HTML to the Content Library then try to access it from a share pod it is not displayed. You have to publish to just SWF.  Content published as HTML5 to the Content Library and accessed via the respective URL does work on mobile devices.

SWFs from CP8 do not display on mobile devices. SWFs from Presenter do, but only some content e.g. quizzes and interactive scenarios. So it appears you can use Presenter 10 and some of its features in Connect Meetings, but not all. Captivate is a non-starter.

I would be interested to hear from anyone! What works for you?

TIA

Andrew

#2 2014-09-23 16:25:41

Kylor - MeetingOne

Re: Challenges when delivering content for both mobile and desktop

Andrew,

Embedding videos into the power point usually causes issues. Usually I will have to use presenter to upload ppt with videos into Connect.  From my experience, the mobile app will only play flv video files and not mp4.  I would just upload the flv file into a separate share pod so desktop and mobile users can view the video. Hope this helps!

Board footer