Menu

#1 2014-02-05 06:30:08

Luc

Changing text on wait page

We have 8.2.2.2 On-prem.

We set up meetings using:
"Only registered users and accepted guests may enter the room"

When participants enter the meeting, as guests, they will see this information:

"This is a private meeting. Your request to enter has been sent to the presenter. Please wait for a response."

When host clicks accept - the guest will enter the room.

My question is:
------------------
How do I change the text message saying: "This is a private meeting. Your request to enter has been sent to the presenter. Please wait for a response." ?

Which file do we change?

Thanks!

Luc

#2 2014-02-07 03:16:14

Luc

Re: Changing text on wait page

Come on.. Somebody must know this..?   :-)

#3 2014-02-07 10:43:31

Jorma_at_CoSo

Not sure where this text is held. Much of the text that is used throughout Connect is stored in the {installdirectory}\appserv\apps\lang\(yourlanguage).xml file, but the text for this is not. If you dig around enough, you'll likely find the text  and can let everyone else know where it is.

Keep in mind that if you do change that text, it will likely be reverted back to the original text if/when you do updates to the Connect server.

#4 2014-08-18 17:48:32

StupidSexyFlanders

The string "This is a private meeting" appears in several files in multiple locations.

These are just the English versions ('en'):
{installdirectory}\appserv\common\meeting\lang\breezelivestrings-en.xml.install
{installdirectory}\appserv\common\meeting\lang\breezelivestrings-en.xml
{installdirectory}\appserv\common\meetingAS3\lang\breezelivestrings-en.xml.install
{installdirectory}\appserv\common\meetingAS3\lang\breezelivestrings-en.xml
{installdirectory}\appserv\common\players\archive450\lang\breezelivestrings-en.xml
{installdirectory}\appserv\common\players\archiveplayer41\lang\breezelivestrings-en.xml

Not sure if you need to edit one or all of those to make the change you are looking for. We are running 9.x so your mileage may vary.

#5 2014-08-19 11:30:30

Jorma_at_CoSo

I suspect you only need to modify the following:

{installdirectory}\appserv\common\meeting\lang\breezelivestrings-en.xml
{installdirectory}\appserv\common\meetingAS3\lang\breezelivestrings-en.xml

The other files appear to be related to the installation of the server and archived players that are not used any longer. If you modify those two files and don't see the change in the meeting room, then I'd try the others.

Board footer