Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-07-14 16:27:47

clewis

Training Catalog Questions

We're starting to implement the Training Catalog feature more and more in providing access to our resources rather than group enrolling and having users go to the My Training tab, but I have a couple of questions about it.
1) Does anyone have any feedback on embedding (iFrame or otherwise) the custom Training Catalog URL in another portal or resource so learners could access directly from within other sites?  I'm looking at doing something similar in the future with one of our sites, and I'm wondering if anyone else who has done the same may be able to provide feedback on their experience(s), both pros and cons.
2) In doing this, and providing access to only the Training Catalog, it limits the information Learners see with regards to course/curriculum enrollments and progress/completion.  I'm sure this would be a feature request, but is there another way to provide the My Training tab information to Learners without having them log in to the full Connect site...to which they have zero access to anything except the training portions?  That's one bit of negative feedback, is that on the full site there are all of these headings, buttons, and tabs that they get a nice big "You don't have access" on everything they click.  Training Catalog removes all of that but they only have access to the curriculum lists and none of the progress info.

#2 2014-07-17 14:12:22

clewis

Re: Training Catalog Questions

For anyone else interested in part 1 of the question(s) above, here you go. http://allthingsadobeconnect.blogspot.c … o-my.html.  Basically anything in Connect with a static URL can be iframed into another portal or webpage.  Look at using the Connect web API to pull credentials if connecting from another portal with authentication. 

Still looking for information on part 2.

Board footer