Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-07-15 12:31:02

**_CrazySaguaro_**

Presenter 7 problem when opening Presenter 6.1 doc

I am trying to open a Presenter 6.1 presentation on a machine with Adobe Presenter 7 (trial version).  I open the file and it lets me know the file must be converted to Presenter 7 before I can work with it.

So I say either 'Overwrite' or 'Save As' (both have same result) and it starts converting, but then it loses the audio PPC file and asks me to find it.  If I direct Presenter to the location of the PPC file, it starts loading it and then comes up with this error:

"PpsPowerPoint - Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)':
Cannot open file."

then

"PpsPowerPoint - Run-time error '429':
ActiveX component can't create object"

then

it asks me if i'd like to register Presenter or continue with my trial (16 days left).  After returning to PPT, I cannot do anything in the Presenter menu.

-Gina

#2 2008-07-15 12:51:08

**_catholicon_**

Re: Presenter 7 problem when opening Presenter 6.1 doc

I am not sure what might be the problem here. But I think you have a inserted flash in the presentation.

Backup a copy of your presentation, and then open it. Don't 'save as' or 'overwrite' it. Find the slide with flash in it. Cut-Paste that (those) slide(s) into some other presentation.
Now, close this presentation and re-open it. Choose 'save as' or 'overwrite' this time. Hopefully it should work out.

Then you can paste your flash slides back into the presentation.

Board footer