Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-06-10 02:38:23

Rul

About Doorbell extension

One question about doorbell, the behaviour is that you ring the bell and everybody in the meeting room hear the bell. Correct?.

Is it any possibility to configure doorbell that only the hosts hear the bell?.

And do you know if this extension uses some specific ports to open in the firewall?.

Thanks.

#2 2014-06-10 10:07:23

alistairlee

Re: About Doorbell extension

Hi Rul,

I wrote the doorbell extension. You are correct - everyone hears the doorbell. I haven't built in any configuration options - but I like your suggestion. It's definitely possible and I'll try to include it in the next update.

I've just looked at the code and it appears that the extension grabs the sound from an MP3 file posted in a public location. That would presumably use port 80 (it's over http), so no additional ports would have to be opened. It seems like it would make more sense to embed the sound in the extension itself - I can't remember why it fetches it dynamically.

#3 2014-06-10 12:52:28

alistairlee

Good news,

Since I opened the code to answer your questions, I decided to add a couple of new features.

- There is now a checkbox that can be used to turn of the sound for participants (it will only play for Hosts/Presenters). The default behaviour is the same - it plays for everyone.
- I've embedded the sound into the app instead of fetching an MP3 file from a separate server. This should improve performance and fix issues with people not hearing the sound.
- I've changed the default behavior of the 'Play on Entry' to be selected. Most people are using the bell to alert them that someone has entered the room. It can be turned off easily.

You can grab the new version here:
http://www.connectusers.com/downloads/e … orbell.swf

#4 2014-06-11 12:09:39

Rul

Thanks a lot alistairlee, we'll test it.

#5 2014-06-12 03:01:07

Rul

Hi alistairlee, it seems that works properly :-). Including the mp3 with our firewall :-).

Thanks a lot for your help :-).

#6 2014-06-13 09:50:18

anhyzer

Cool! Thanks for the update, Alistair!

#7 2014-06-25 09:53:45

MiguelAngel

As we´re thinking about using this extension in our web sessions we would like to know if it will be possible to select only hosts (but no the presenters) to hear the alarm and if it´s possible not to hear it when changing the layouts.

Thank you very much.

#8 2016-03-03 06:09:39

TomCorrigan

MiguelAngel wrote:

As we´re thinking about using this extension in our web sessions we would like to know if it will be possible to select only hosts (but no the presenters) to hear the alarm and if it´s possible not to hear it when changing the layouts.

Thank you very much.

Totally agree with this and would love an option for the default to only be for hosts to hear. Please let us know if possible.

#9 2018-04-12 13:08:33

Nick DeMello

Would love to be able to swap out the MP3.  Any chance the old version is still available, maybe with the possibility of changing the URL pointing to the sound file?

Board footer