Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-02-06 08:33:59

e-slinger

User Confirmation Issues?

Hello All,

I have been registering users (both existing and new) for events. I have set the events module to not require password for the registration, and I am not setting up these registrants in Connect as users.

What i have bumped into recently....is this:

Despite the no password registration setting, Connect will periodically tell the user on registration that "a request to reset your password has been sent to the admin..." - this fails them out of the registration process and they are stonewalled from that point forward (white browser screen never a confirm, no emails are sent)

It seems to effect only a small percentage of users who are already in Connect for other courses. I figured out that if I delete the user form the server, then they can register as expected. - The catch of course being that I am losing any of their history.

Thoughts??

#2 2014-04-01 12:58:16

Engage_Sean

Re: User Confirmation Issues?

Do you have the PW reset turned ON in Admin>Users & Groups>Edit Login and Password Policies?

#3 2014-04-02 07:15:54

e-slinger

Thanks for the response.

The answer to your question is 'No...but' - I don't have that as an option. I have several options on this page, but not that one. Perhaps because i am on hosted?

As an update, what I have ended up doing is changing the email address by one character (adding an x for instance) when the user reports an issue. This preserves their history.

Still running into the issue, and I have another round of these again soon. We are trying to allow the users to register, but then not have to use a password.

Thoughts?

#4 2014-04-02 17:28:04

Engage_Sean

Hmmm.

Everyone should have this option in Admin Panel, hosted or on-premise. It hasn't changed much in the product in, well, maybe ever? They've added some things to this page, but reset PW enforcement as always been around.

In terms of your error message and workflow you're describing that creating errors, I really wonder if the Connect Support  and Engineering people have even seen that?  Its a very specific set-up you have - not asking for PW, having the same people comeback to register again with not PW, and then not making them AC users. Adobe might not have testing this in enough detail and you might have a legit bug on your hands.

Have you created a ticket?

Board footer