Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-01-27 14:15:53

Sergio

Configuring 2 SIP providers for 2 FMG servers

We currently run Adobe Connect 9.1.2 on-premise.   We have one virtual machine running the core Adobe Connect server.  We have two dedicated FMG servers (version 2.0.1.19, latest version) for two different SIP providers.   One is for a local telephony bridge.   The other is for a remote telephony bridge.  The FMG server for the remote bridge was set up first.

When both FMG servers are active, attempted calls from Adobe Connect fail to the local telephony bridge .  Calls can be made to the remote telephony bridge.  If the FMG for the remote bridge is offline, calls to the local telephony bridge succeed. 

From reviewing the Adobe FMG 2.0 Installation and Configuration Guide, the rtmp.xml configuration file controls the settings for the Leg Service and Control Service with the Flash Media Service (FMS).   In the rtmp.xml file, the registration entries for the FMS servers are established there.   Is the behavior described above a  sympton of requiring a dedicated FMS server for each FMG server?   We have one FMS (adobe connect server) and two FMG servers.

I have a ticket open with Enterprise Support but have not received an answer yet.

Thanks,
Sergio

Note: I can make a redacted version of our rtmp.xml file available to anyone interested.

#2 2014-03-22 20:01:59

Sergio

Re: Configuring 2 SIP providers for 2 FMG servers

Adobe Enterprise Support answered this question some time ago.  With Universal Voice, one can only configure Connect to integrate with one SIP provider (telephony bridge).  You can't have more than one SIP provider.    This means FMG server(s) can only be configured to use one SIP provider for Universal Voice.  What I was experiencing was default behavior.

Sergio

Board footer