Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-06-29 15:08:15

**_patti.shock_**

audio problems

I just upgraded to Microsoft Office 7 and I can no longer use the audio feature to narrate slides in Adobe Presenter 7 on PowerPoint 7.  It worked fine with Powerpoint 2003.   The red box never turns green on the audio check.  I am on XP.  Other info. I rebooted.  I checked my audio in the control panel.  I uninstalled Office 2003.  I uninstalled Adobe Presenter, then downloaded and reinstalled it.

#2 2008-07-07 12:23:50

**_santhony_**

Re: audio problems

can you record audio on your computer still using another audio recorder like
Start > Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > sound Recorder?

Check to see what your Audio settings in control panel are set to.

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > check what your default devices are set to under the Audio tab. Make sure they are correct for the devices you have installed.

Check also to make sure your line in isn't muted for your mic?

Still thinking on some other suggestions. Definately strange though.

do you have any remnants left of Presenter 6 by chance? Maybe make sure that  both folders are removed/uninstalled?

Last edited by **_santhony_** (2008-07-07 12:25:20)

#3 2008-07-07 13:05:29

**_patti.shock_**

Yes, I had checked Audio Settings in control panel.  The audio works for me in Second Life. And it works in Adobe Connect meeting rooms - it just stopped working on Adobe Presenter 7 when I upgraded to MS Office with PowerPoint 7.  I didn't ever have Presenter 6.

#4 2008-07-07 16:16:07

**_catholicon_**

Can you click skip and continue with the recording?

What I mean to ask is, can Presenter detect your audio recording device or its just not able to calibrate the volume correctly?

Board footer