Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-11-29 07:31:54

Robbson

How to set the content of a share pod using the XML API?

Our usual use case of Adobe Connect would be a range of meetings where the shared content (just a PPT that has been uploaded before) is predefined so the host of a session has nothing more to do than doing a login and starting the session.

To do this we would need to set the content of the share pod of a newly created meeting programmatically using the XML API. Just creating meetings that way is working great but there seems to be no official support for accessing shared content.

The only way that seems to work right now is to preselect a dummy document during the meeting and then replace its source-sco-id to the right document using the XML API. But that way it's still required to set the dummy document before by hand.

Having a Meeting Template where the dummy document is already selected doesn't work because then the sco-contents of the newly created meeting is just empty.

Adding a Content-SCO to a meeting SCO using the meeting as the folder-id seems to work from the perspective of the API. But when you then open the meeting and want to see its content, it is not available there.

So setting the shared content by hand using "Share Document" in the share pod seems to do something different compared to adding the related SCO to the meeting using the API.
The resulting sco-contents XML looks like the same but it doesn't work for the API variant.

Are there any other tricks to do this?
Having a host selecting the shared content before each meeting starts is very cumbersome, especially when the host (or just a presenter) should not be able to decide this. Also searching the right content in a big library shouldn't be part of his job.

Thanks,
Robin Siegemund

#2 2014-02-12 14:42:54

develliot

Re: How to set the content of a share pod using the XML API?

I'm not sure I follow, I assume you want multiple instances of a room with the same presentation preloaded.

If this is what you want then yes there is a trick.

You can edit the standard meeting template if your are admin, you can and add the presentation where needed.

Or for extra geek points I believe there might be a crazy way to programmatically create meeting rooms with the API where you can set another meeting as its source so you can select one room to be another room's template.

so you would call

sco-update

to create the room or whatever is and then use

&source-sco-id=integer

to set the template room. Could be flaky but definitely worth a shot.

Board footer