Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-01-28 23:08:31

TTLO

Problem with speaker feedback

I run an event with both live and remote attendance.  My goal is to allow remote attendees to ask questions 'into the room' by having their audio piped thru speakers.

There are three active mikes in the room.  Despite many configurations we get feedback from the speakers.

Strangely, we do NOT get feedback from the speakers projecting sound from the mikes into the room, ONLY from the speaker projecting the remote attendee audio (via adobe connect pro) into the room.

I am perplexed.  Help?

Thx in advance
Y

#2 2014-01-29 11:30:48

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Problem with speaker feedback

If a hot mic is in the room, then it can re-broadcast any audio it hears, giving you the feedback. You can look at:

- Getting a mic/speaker setup that has hardware based duplexing (search Amazon for a USB Speakerphone)
- Switching to the Speex codec, which can help with the feedback by suppressing all but the loudest audio
- Turn off the mics at the remote location when they are not in use. This may require a moderator at the other locations.

#3 2014-01-29 14:39:49

TTLO

Re: Problem with speaker feedback

This gives me some pieces to investigate. Thank you.

The operator does mute all mikes that are not in active use. We also tried muting the live mikes when broadcasting the remote comments.  Weirdly got feedback even with mikes muted. 

The remote attendees are workshop participants. It is required to keep control f mike access in hands of operator.  That eliminated the single mike option, which looked like a solution for a while. 

I will look into the hardware options you have provided and test those. 

Thx again.

Board footer