Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-11-10 18:02:24

StupidSexyFlanders

Cannot save a recording as MP4 with v9.1

I cannot seem to find any way to invoke the MP4 server-side encoding for my on-premise installation of v9.1. The only options under Actions are 'Edit Recording' and 'Make FLV'. I have read on a couple of other forums that there is some kind of fee involved for converting to MP4 with hosted accounts, but I don't know how that would work with an on-premise installation.

#2 2013-11-11 11:24:23

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Cannot save a recording as MP4 with v9.1

The MP4 conversion is done through an application not on the Connect servers and is only currently available through an integration with the Hosted environment.

This function is not currently available to on-premise deployments.

#3 2013-11-12 00:33:27

y.t

I wish the MP4 conversion would be available to on-premise deployments near in the future!

#4 2013-11-15 11:45:12

StupidSexyFlanders

What I wish is that Adobe sales had bothered to mention this critical feature restriction before we signed up. Even now, the only mention of it is in community forums like this. Really sucks not having that ability, but at least we paid a lot more. :|

#5 2013-12-16 09:35:56

Sergio

For the resellers out there....

Our on-premise account (version 9.1.1) has MP4 Conversion listed as a feature.  However, it is not enabled.    Does Adobe have intentions of enabling this feature for on-premise accounts in the future?

Thanks,
Sergio

#6 2013-12-19 11:27:28

Kevin

Sergio wrote:

For the resellers out there....

Our on-premise account (version 9.1.1) has MP4 Conversion listed as a feature.  However, it is not enabled.    Does Adobe have intentions of enabling this feature for on-premise accounts in the future?

Thanks,
Sergio

Good question, ay?

#7 2013-12-19 12:33:41

Jorma_at_CoSo

You know as much about this as we do. If I were to venture a guess (and that is all that this is), I'd say there is the plan to bring the feature to on-premise deployments, but it will take some figuring out if it can be done with the existing service (who knows how it ties into privacy and security rules when out of Adobe's environment), or if it will require on-premise customers to have an encoding solution on their end.

Best option may be to get a road map call set up with Adobe (under an NDA of course), and see if there is any further information that can be shared at this time. I would work with your reseller to see if this can be setup.

#8 2014-01-20 12:56:52

dbrennan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all you're looking for is integration into Adobe's existing management system, right? I would think the actual conversion process could be accomplished easily via a command line script in an On Premise environment.

#9 2014-01-21 10:40:52

Jorma_at_CoSo

My understanding is that the MP4 conversion is done with some transcoding application and the Amazon cloud. Beyond that I don't know the details. That said, it is probably possible to figure out some system to do it on premise, but I don't think it would be as simple as a command line script.

It's also not clear that if/when the MP4 conversion functionality comes to licensed customers if it will be under the same function/pricing as current hosted customers or if an Amazon or other transcoding service would be required.

Board footer