Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-07-31 14:53:47

azpeter2009

Password Reset Request unrecognized email ERROR MESSAGE?

When a user submits a Password Reset Request using the Forgot Password link, the system sends a RESET PASSWORD link only if the email address exists for an existing account.  If the email address is not recognized, there is NO NOTIFICATION OF ANY KIND, so the user is left hanging, expecting a link that will never come, creating a very unsatisfied customer. 
Shouldn't there be an "E-mail Address NOT RECOGNIZED" error message, either displayed on the screen, or sent back to the unrecognized email address, so the user knows to submit the request with a different email address?  Or am I missing something in a configuration, somewhere?

#2 2013-08-07 10:24:15

Kevin

Re: Password Reset Request unrecognized email ERROR MESSAGE?

This behavior is the same for Hosted, as it is for On-Premise.  More like a 'missing' feature for the software itself, not your instance.

#3 2013-08-19 13:26:02

cuc1376936625

I agree, users should be prompted with some type of error message instead of "ignored" by the system.

#4 2014-01-14 12:57:39

azpeter2009

I guess after no Adobe acknowledgement for six months, I should try to submit this as a feature request.
Of course, they should prioritize getting the RESET PASSWORD link to work for the RECOGNIZED emails, which is currently not working on our ON-PREMISE system.  I hear it is a known issue.

Board footer