Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-05-19 08:32:28

**_paresh_**

Presenter 7 now available

I am happy to inform that Presenter 7 is now available.

The new version has many breakthrough new features including easy video incorporation, better and more powerful quizzing, mobile & PDF output and more

#2 2008-05-19 16:49:20

**_Alan_**

Re: Presenter 7 now available

Paresh,

Hi.

Is there an additional cost for Presenter 7 beyond the trial version. I seem to recall the earlier version was included in our sign up fee. Loading and activiating it requires a serial number; otherwise only the trial version is available.
Thanks!

#3 2008-05-20 20:21:18

**_jplotkin_**

Whether or not Presenter was included in your previous purchase depends on what you purchased.  While there are some collections/bundles which included Presenter in it, in general most customers purchased Adobe Presenter separately. 

Note: Adobe Presenter is a desktop tool that provides you with the ability to create content using the Presenter plug-in for Powerpoint.  New with this version is that you need a serial number.  If you are not responsible for Connect Pro/Adobe Presenter licensing at your company or institution, you should check in with the person who is to get a serial number.  Anyone can download a 30 day trial, but you'll need a serial number to continue to use it beyond 30 days.

Customers who use Adobe Presenter and other tools, such as Captivate, to publish content to the Adobe Hosted server, should buy Hosted Access Licenses to have "authors".  When you assign someone to the Authors group, they have the rights to publish content to the server.  (Note: Licensed/on premise customers now have unlimited authors)

The tech note below provides more information about getting your upgrades to Connect Pro 7 and Presenter 7.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon … &sliceId=1

#4 2008-05-21 02:18:13

**_jonaslagneryd_**

Hi,
Great news. I have a hosted version and got an e-mail about the Presenter ugrade. I logged in to the Adobe Licensing Website and redeemed the upgrade coupon.
But then it is a bit unclear to me: Where to download and where to receive the serial number? I am very much obliged to you for any guidance you are able to give.
Kind regards,
Jonas

#5 2008-05-21 18:34:35

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Adobe will begin sending out keys to those who have licenses for Presenter in the coming weeks (before your 30 day trial expires) is what I was told. So they are coming to those who are due.

#6 2008-05-22 03:00:35

**_jonaslagneryd_**

Thanks!

Yes, I got my e-mail now and procured the serial number. Now I have launched Presenter and am off elaborating.

Kind regards,
Jonas

#7 2008-05-30 08:17:26

**_project359_**

Well, Presenter 7 screwed up all the tests I created in 6. I had to go through every slide and reformat the layout as it did crazy things to my styles. Lesson learned.

#8 2008-07-01 22:44:01

**_CrazySaguaro_**

If I have a licensed version of Adobe Presenter version 6, can I buy or am I eligible for an upgrade to Presenter version 7?

Board footer