Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-10-20 17:03:20

Sina

Automatically (using web services) login a user straight to the event.

I would  appreciate if someone can advice me on this:

Is there any way to login a registered user or guest from our website (a drupal site which is collecting money and registering the participants and sends the info over to adobe) to an event without taking them to adobe's login page?

We want to have a 'watch now' button on our site under user's profile (my events info) but I couldn't find any web service to send over the user info to take them straight to the live event, the links such as login url opens the login page, which not only it's a redundant step for the user, it also creates the problem of user clicking on 'forgot password' and reset their password on adobe's site/side without us knowing it and for themselves to later have to login to our page with one code and to the event they wan to attend (on adobe) with another.
Thanks.

#2 2013-10-31 05:24:08

Robbson

Re: Automatically (using web services) login a user straight to the event.

Hi,

using the Connect XML API you can login a user from your system to Connect in the background so you get the breeze cookie. Afterwards you redirect the user to your meeting room or event URL and set the breeze cookie so there is no additional login.

But there is still one problem left: I don't see a way to block users from accessing their Adobe Central pages... because there they can change their password without notifying us so the whole login mechanism from our side would not work anymore.

Robbson

#3 2013-10-31 10:05:49

Jorma_at_CoSo

If you don't want them to have access to the whole Connect interface, then why not just log them into the room as guest. You would just need to add the following to the URL for the meeting:

?guestName=John%20Smith

The URL would look like this (non-functional URL)

htt p://youraccount.adobeconnect.com/meetingroom/?guestName=John%20Smith

This way they log into your site and then get a link to join the room that dynamically passes their name at the end. Since they would be a guest, they wouldn't have access to anything other than the meeting room.

#4 2013-10-31 11:07:11

Robbson

Thanks for your answer.

I also thought about guests as an alternative. But what about reports? Do we also have attendance information (when they come and when they left a meeting)?

I wonder if there aren't any security problems because if the login name of a guest is the only way to differentiate him from other users the same guest name could easily be taken by another user.

#5 2013-10-31 11:38:15

Jorma_at_CoSo

There will be tracking of when someone joins and when they leave, even for guests.

There isn't really anything that can be done to prevent two people from joining with the same guest name, but you can always put some unique convention in place to identify guest that join through your site vs. those who join through some other means. The Username won't be taken by some one else, but would get a numerical identifier if more than one person joined the same meeting. For example:

John Smith
John Smith 2

That is what you would see in the attendee list pod.

#6 2013-11-05 11:20:39

Sina

Thanks for the comments.
The solution of adding people as guest doesn't work as it has lots of other issues, the biggest problem is that all we are intending to do is to have payment process and charge users and no guest access, so we have to have this user log in to Adobe, with guest not only reports will be meaningless we won't be able to track their webinars attended and also the second time same person is registering to our webinar Adobe will create a duplicate guest.

After working on this for a long time, we have come to conclusion to give up on loggin users to Adobe and let them see the links and login using Adobe interface. NOW the problem/question is if anyone here know of a setting that we can disable user ability to change password on Adobe (we basically want to make sure user won't see the 'forgot password' link when getting on to an event).

And the second question is, if there is any function to update a user password if they change it on our site?

Thanks to all...

#7 2013-11-05 12:50:50

Jorma_at_CoSo

All of this can be done through the API's. You can use them to create accounts, log in individuals, and update the user information.

Full API documentation is available here: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/adobeconnect.html

Find the Web Services documentation.

#8 2015-11-20 11:17:08

nobuteru

Hi,Jorma

I want to specific how to Automatically login a user straight to the event.
(user was registed before another time.)
For example , We notify to users by email,
"h tt p://ouraccount.adobeconnec.com/eventid/guestname=aaaa@aaa.com"
Users can login to click url and log in event automatically.

regards
nobuteru kondo

#9 2015-11-20 11:50:57

Jorma_at_CoSo

The call to insert someone as a guest is to call the room URL then add "?guestName=Joe%20Smith". The %20 is the way to place a space. If you put the email address as their name, that is what will show in the Attende list pod.

If you need to login a registered user the call is "?login=jsmith@email.com&password=abc123"

Though that is for joining a meeting or webinar. Not sure about the event. I think it would be more complicated. You could try adding the login credentials to the login page URL for the event.

#10 2015-11-20 12:41:11

nobuteru

Hi Jorma
Thank you for reply.
I tested that URL
http://xxxxxxxx.adobeconnect.com/xxxxxx … ord=abc123
I can log in to event.
Because in Japan there are no decent technical support, this is very helpful.

best Regards
Nobuteru Kondo

#11 2015-11-20 12:47:06

Jorma_at_CoSo

Great! Glad to hear it worked.

#12 2015-12-01 17:50:11

Alberto

I have this working on our site although we face the same issue Robbson mentioned earlier in the thread. Users can go ahead and change their Adobe Connect password which will break the authentication the next time they try to join a meeting from our site. Here I'm referring to a pay to access content site where guest access is not feasible.

It seems we are missing a way to disallow users to change their passwords if they are managed externally as in our case. Any ideas?

Last edited by Alberto (2015-12-01 17:51:27)

#13 2016-06-02 05:27:25

Shuchi Gupta

Is it absolutely necessary to have user key in a password? If not, you can always create a event that does not require password (Password bypass event) and this way, when the user clicks on the login link provided in the registration conformation email, (s)he is directly entered into the meeting. The workflow about user changing passwords is also handled this way.

Board footer