Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-10-21 01:29:17

Andrew_ITRS

Server email addresses?

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know how to control the 'from' addressing in an on premise install? I receive the normal system and support emails ok, but when I send myself a chat log (or something similar) the email comes from my email address to my email address. This usually get blocked as spam or just plain ignored, as the server is in a different domain.

Can I set all outbound server emails to be from a default server address?

Thanks for any help.
Andrew

#2 2013-10-21 09:57:34

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Server email addresses?

This comes from your email address because that is the email associated with the user account sending the email.

You can create a different login (with a different email), change the email associated with your login, or send to an alternate email. Other than that, I'm not sure there is another way to change that functionality.

#3 2013-10-21 14:37:23

Andrew_ITRS

Re: Server email addresses?

Thanks Jorma. This is quite a problem for us. I could configure all the user accounts with email addresses from the server domain, but that wouldn't work either (i don't think..) as it will always send from and to the users registered email address.

There is something in the database about email aliases which may help, but I don't know how it works.

The best outcome is everything is sent from System@server.com to the registered addresses. This would then work through the spam filters and Reverse DNS lookup checks.

I'd like to think there is a switch somewhere....:-)

Board footer