Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-08-12 13:25:28

Sina

API to send registration information automatically from external site

Hi All
I need to figure a way to send registration info (name, email address, password, are the minimum required fields I believe) to an Adobe Connect Event from our website. Since we need to collect payment and also to build profiles for attendees we have decided to have registration form and payment collection on our Drupal site and then  when someone submits the form, we need to automatically send that registration data to the Adobe Connect Event for an event. The same functionality that the manual CSV import does right now.
I read on this forum about " API's which allow you to add users to connect account, and add permissions for them to attend a Connect  Meeting" but no further details were given.
I appreciate any advice on this.
Thanks.

#2 2013-08-12 15:37:29

alistairlee

Re: API to send registration information automatically from external site

Hi Sina - welcome to the community.

This is relatively easy to do; new Event API's were added to Adobe Connect 9 including an api call to register someone for an event. The API call is 'event-register' and you can find the details here:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/connect/9.0 … 772fa-8000

You basically call the web service using the following syntax:

http://example.com/api/xml 
    ?action=event-register 
    &sco-id=12605& 
    login=api2@adobe.com 
    &password=1234 
    &password-verify=1234 
    &first-name=Alistair 
    &last-name=Lee     
    &campaign-id=xyz

The campaign-id isn't necessary. A couple of things I learned when using this API call:

1 - If you (or your application) is logged into Adobe Connect, then the call doesn't work as expected - you might register yourself instead of the intended user. It's best to ensure you're logged out of Adobe Connect before making this call.

2 - You might notice that using this call logs you in as the user you just registered. I found it was best to run the API call to log out of Adobe Connect after running this API call.

(BTW - I've reported both of these issues to the product team, so it's possible they may no longer be in the product).

You can find the SCO-ID of your event by opening it in a browser, then looking at the URL for the SCO-ID.

Thanks,
Alistair

#3 2013-10-20 16:56:39

Sina

Thanks a lot for the reply.

The event-register function works exactly as you described (and it's funny how adobe sends the confirmation email to admin rather than the user you are registering unless you logout and login with the user before sending the register command) but problem is in order for it to function we need to have user's current password at all times. reminding everyone that we are collecting payment and registering users on our drupal site and send the info over, so user has a password with our site which we use to create the user on adobe and everything is good, until user does not remember his/her password at the time of logging in to the event and reset it with adobe, from that point on we will not be able to register them to the next meetings because of the invalid password.
We also tried adding people as 'guest' using another function which works great as it only needs principal_id of the guest user and not their password, it (adobe) doesn't send any confirmation email which is fine. (I think the main function here is called permissions-update).

I also appreciate if you can advice me on this other question here:
Is there any way to login a registered user or guest to an event automatically without taking them to adobe's login page. We want to have a 'watch now' button on our site for someone who has logged in and we have their info, but I couldn't find any we service to send over and take them straight to the event, because the other links (login url) opens the login page, which not only it's a redundant step, it also creates the problem of user clicking on 'forgot password' and reset their password on adobe without us knowing it and for themselves to have to login to our page with one ode and to the event (adobe) with another.

Thanks a lot.

#4 2017-05-09 12:50:15

cuc1494351991

Hi:

This post is every old but If any want can help me...

I try this (with my real dates)

http://example.com/api/xml
    ?action=event-register
    &sco-id=12605&
    login=api2@adobe.com
    &password=1234
    &password-verify=1234
    &first-name=Alistair
    &last-name=Lee     
    &campaign-id=xyz

But all the time give me this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<results>
<status subcode="sco-expired" code="no-access"/>
</results>

How can I solve this?

Thanks

Last edited by cuc1494351991 (2017-05-09 12:50:48)

#5 2017-05-15 11:46:52

Jorma_at_CoSo

Did you use the sample SCO ID of 12605 or one for your actual event? Since you didn't share your actual call, it's hard to infer what may have gone wrong.

If you can share you API call feel free to obscure/change the server URL and login information.

Board footer