Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-05-06 19:45:10

ggcook

Adobe connect certificate template issue

Hi,

I've been using a customized version of the certificate template posted here:

http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … t_connect/

for around 12 months now, but only recently have I experienced problems with it.

For some reason now, the date stamp on the certificate no longer corresponds with the date the learner completed the course.

Each certificate seems to be around 4 weeks behind, and I can't figure out why this is the case.

I have been publishing the certificates in Flash CS6 recently, and this has been the only change in my output.

I have tried changing the publishing settings from flash 11.2 all the way down to 8, and still get the same result.

I have also taken the template directly from the link above and still get the same result. Learners dates not matching the time they completed the course.

The only thing I have yet to try is downgrading my flash back to 5.5 and republishing.

Does anyone have an ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks,

- Grant.

#2 2013-05-07 11:42:27

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Adobe connect certificate template issue

I know that using AS2 in an AS3 application can cause problems.

Is the certificate a stand alone application, or part of a Presenter or Captivate presentation?

#3 2013-05-07 20:38:29

ggcook

The certificate is the standalone template as mentioned in the OP, I re-installed Flash CS4 and published into connect and got the same result.

I'm starting to think it is a connect problem as the certificate was working fine for upwards of 7 months and only recently has it started to have problems.

The certificate seems to be taking the curriculum's published date as its "completion" date on every course regardless of when it is completed.

I've published the certificate (.swf) in AS2

The template won't publish in AS3.

Currently working in Connect 8.

Last edited by ggcook (2013-05-07 20:54:23)

#4 2013-05-07 23:00:51

Jorma_at_CoSo

I just was double checking that the certificate was being used that way, since there are plenty of groups that use the certificate embedded in another presentation.

Being a stand alone object, the AS language shouldn't be an issue (thought I believe that Andrew does have an AS3 version). I'll reach out to Andrew, author of the certificate, and see if he can chime in with some ideas as to what is happening.

#5 2013-05-08 15:04:18

Jorma_at_CoSo

Grant,

I reached out to Andrew and I'll put his response below. If needed you can contact me off forum (jorma_at_elpises.com), and I'll help facilitate a live conversation between you and Andrew.

Andrew wrote:

There are really two types of files in this package:

1.    Certificate (used to display a Certificate for Training modules of Adobe Connect; including Courses, Curriculums and Events)

2.    Launch Next Item (used to insert into Captivate/Presenter to launch the next item in an Adobe Connect Curriculum, so learner’s don’t have to close the content and find the next item on their own)

Both SOURCE (CS6) and PACKAGED files are available

Certificate

Here is my latest version of the certificate template (which hasn’t been uploaded to the ConnectUsers.com site). It includes a fix to the date fields as well as a number of enhancements. 

I have updated it to an AS3-based certificate that works with Adobe Connect Training as a standalone file (recommended within Curriculums as a standalone Item), within AS3-based Presenter files and within AS3-based Captivate files. There a few requirements for using the Certificate.

If you are using with Adobe Captivate:

• The file needs to be published as AS3

If you are using with Adobe Presenter:

• You need to use Presenter 7.0.7 or higher

• The certificate *needs* to be the last slide in the Presenter Slide Deck

• There should be at least one slide between the last question and the certificate

Ultimately, the recommended solution is to inset the SWF as a standalone item at the end of a Curriculum and not attach it at all to a Presenter or Captivate file. Simply insert the SWF into Content, and then add a “Certificate” item as the last item in your Curriculum.

NOTE: Regardless of how it is inserted – it needs to be launched from Adobe Connect Training (as a Course, item in a Curriculum, etc). Also, all users *need* to be enrolled in the Training (even yourself as a test).

The updated AS3-based certificates I’ve had for a while. However, I haven’t really updated the articles or any blog/post, etc. A lot has changed. I realize the information below is not very informative. It’s based on the following article(s) on ConnectUsers.com:

Link #1: http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … tificates/

Link #2: http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … t_connect/

Hopefully you will be able to use the articles as a starting point and then understand what
I’ve provided here.

The certificate will ONLY work in Adobe Connect and is not designed for general AICC/SCORM-compliancy yet (because the functionality is NOT exposed in Captivate, mostly).

This version has the following updates:

• As a standalone item in a Curriculum, the certificate will now properly determine the status of the curriculum, no matter how many folders deep the certificate is found (previous versions only worked when the certificate was in the root of the Curriculum)

• As a standalone item in a Curriculum, the certificate will send a completed status (and a score of 0), so that the Curriculum is properly completed. This wasn’t working when a Certificate was in a multi-level Curriculum (and wasn’t sending a status at all, previously)

• The Curriculum now supports custom fields in the certificate. For example imagine having two Courses; one with CEU Credits of 1 credit hours, and the other with CEU Credits of 3 hours. You can create a single certificate file, but add information to the Summary field in Adobe Connect (e.g. CEU=3) and then create a text object on the certificate called “customCEU_txt” to display that data on the certificate. The recommended text object is “custom” + {NAME IN SUMMARY FIELD} + “_txt” and this will display the value in the Summary field. I have provided an example called “certificate_example.swf” in this package. After you import it into Adobe Connect, make a course out of it (or an item in a Curriculum) and add a return delimited entry in the Summary Field:

CEU=5

Dept=Development

This version has the following use-cases/work-flows:

• Import the certificate as a standalone SWF as the final item in a Curriculum. Results from the Curriculum determine whether the certificate is displayed and capable of being printed.

• Import the certificate into Captivate 4 or higher/Presenter 7.0.7; which is then imported into Adobe Connect as a Course. Results from the course determine whether the certificate is displayed and capable of being printed.

• Import the certificate into Captivate 4 or higher/Presenter 7.0.7; which is then imported into Adobe Connect as an item in a Curriculum. Results from the course determine whether the certificate is displayed and capable of being printed.

• Import the certificate into Captivate 4 or higher/Presenter 7.0.7; which is then imported into Adobe Connect as an item in a Curriculum (typically the last item in the curriculum). Results from the Curriculum overall determine whether the certificate is displayed and capable of being printed.

• Import the certificate into any other AS3-based product; which is then imported into Adobe Connect as a Course. Results from the AS3-based product determine whether the certificate is displayed and capable of being printed.

• Import the certificate into any other AS3-based product; which is then imported into Adobe Connect as an item in a Curriculum. Results from the AS3-based product determine whether the certificate is displayed and capable of being printed.

• Import the certificate into any other AS3-based product; which is then imported into Adobe Connect as an item in a Curriculum (typically the last item in the curriculum). Results from the Curriculum overall determine whether the certificate is displayed and capable of being printed.

I have changed the names of the text objects as they'd appear on the stage. Here are the text objects that can be displayed on the certificate:

connectUserName_txt
connectUserNameFirst_txt
connectUserNameLast_txt
connectUserID_txt
connectUserLogin_txt
connectTrainingName_txt
connectTrainingCertificateID_txt
connectTrainingScoreRaw_txt
connectTrainingScoreMax_txt
connectTrainingScorePercent_txt
currentDate_txt
currentMonth_txt
currentDay_txt
currentYear_txt
connectTrainingCompletedDate_txt
connectTrainingCompletedMonth_txt
connectTrainingCompletedDay_txt
connectTrainingCompletedYear_txt

Launch Next buttons

These buttons will launch the next item in a Curriculum

They are exactly the same, but I just modified to change the text of the buttons so that it reads “Launch Next Item” or “View Certificate”. They should be inserted at the end of the content (e.g. Captivate or Presenter).

The buttons have been updated to launch the next item in a Curriculum, no matter how it’s structured in Adobe Connect. If the next item is in a sub-folder or a parent folder, the button attempts to wean that and launch the next item, automatically

Last edited by Jorma@RealEyes (2013-05-08 16:18:53)

#6 2013-05-08 19:36:59

ggcook

Thank you very much for all your help Jorma,

I will do some testing and update this post later today with my results to let you know how I have fared.

Once again, a big thanks from me!

- Grant.

#7 2013-05-13 00:53:52

ggcook

Quick update:

Everything is working exactly as it should be, thank you so much for helping me with the problem, me and my team are most grateful.

:)

- Grant.

#8 2013-05-13 10:36:26

Jorma_at_CoSo

Great! Glad to hear it is working!

#9 2017-01-19 18:31:31

cuc1484868371

I have used the templates & instructions provided in the links above and it worked perfectly in the past.

I now need to change the logo on my certificate and following the instructions on the demo presentations no longer seems to be compatible now that Adobe Flash is Animate.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

#10 2017-08-24 12:05:24

-antonio-

Is there any way to use these certificates to track and send confirmation of attendance to Adobe Connect Webinars?

Board footer