Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-05-08 07:20:21

irfant

Adobe Connect 8 Web Services: Byte-Count Missing Sco-Contents

Hi,
I am working on an application which calculates the disk space used by various SCOs (Recordings, PPT etc). According to the Connect 8 Web Services/API documentation a call to ?action=sco-contents&sco-id=xxxxx should return a 'byte-count' as an 'attribute' but it doesn't for me. Other attributes and 'children' such as 'icon' and 'name' are returned fine, respectively.
Any idea?
Thanks,
Irfan

#2 2013-05-08 11:44:36

alistairlee

Re: Adobe Connect 8 Web Services: Byte-Count Missing Sco-Contents

Hi irfan,

I've got two possible solutions. Both seem undocumented - I couldn't find them in the documentation.

You can get a byte-count by running the following:

https://[adobeconnectaccount]/api/xml?action=sco-sizes&filter-sco-id=[sco-id]

You may also get it to work with the existing sco-contents call by appending '&counters=true' to the end of the URL.

I'm told that the sco-contents is meant for enclosing SCO's that include multiple objects (folders, courses, etc...). It sounds like you were using it that way already based on your results. The fact that it's not returning the byte-count is a known issue.

#3 2013-05-08 12:53:45

irfant

Re: Adobe Connect 8 Web Services: Byte-Count Missing Sco-Contents

Hi alistairlee,
Indeed, appending &counters=true is running the byte-count (and the ref-count) attributes.
Thank you!
Irfan
PS. Adobe really needs to fix this 'known issue'. I have wasted a lot of time figuring this out.

Board footer