Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-04-30 10:42:25

stewdent

chatbox audio alerts

Hi there, I have read "Forums - Adobe Connect User Community → Developer Discussion → Audio Alerts in Connect Pro" but cannot see a solution.

As an attendee is it possible to have an audio alert sound off when the presenter enters dialogue in the chat-box?

#2 2013-04-30 11:24:12

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: chatbox audio alerts

There is not a way for the chat box to have an audio cue when someone enters dialogue. There is a doorbell tool that can alert you to when someone enters the room (or presses the ring button), but that would be the closest thing I know to a solution for that , other than a custom chat pod.

#3 2013-04-30 14:24:46

alistairlee

That's not a feature built into the standard chat pod. Creating your own custom chat pod would be the easiest way to get this functionality.

#4 2013-04-30 18:25:36

stewdent

thanks for the quick responses,
1) does a user have the functionality to create the custom chatbox, or is it the host who needs to initiate this.
2)  is there a way to find out if another host has created a custom chat box with this feature?

#5 2013-05-01 10:14:39

alistairlee

Hi stewdent,

A host would need to upload a custom chat pod to an empty share pod and it could be used by everyone in the meeting.

Unfortunately, I don't believe something like this already exists. The best resource for finding custom pods is our "Extensions" page: http://www.adobeconnect.com/extensions

#6 2013-05-01 10:17:25

Jorma_at_CoSo

You would need to create the custom pod using Flash/Flex and the Collaboration Builder SDK that can be found here: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/adobeconnect.html.

I'm not aware of any custom chat pod that has been built with this functionality, but that isn't to say that one doesn't exist. Our company has built custom chat pods for clients with specific needs outside of what is provided by the default chat pod in Connect. However, the cost of the custom development does need to be worth your need.

#7 2013-05-02 10:13:21

stewdent

Much appreciated.Thanks again

Board footer