Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-05-01 12:51:23

e-slinger

How can Improve the Accuracy of my Training Reports?

Hello All,

I am curious to see if you can help me.

I use Connect Training to manage and run content/curriculum and quizzes. I find though that when I run the completion reports I get different data depending on where/how I pull the report.

If I pull the information from the user level of the course then I get "A"
If I pull the information from the REPORTS tab then I get "B"

Generally my differences will be a person missing, or showing as incomplete in one spot but complete in another. I then find that I have to cross reference both and it ends up costing me time instead of saving it.

Any best practices out there?

Thanks!

#2 2013-05-01 13:01:30

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: How can Improve the Accuracy of my Training Reports?

The information in the REPORTS tab is only updated at ~2A PT each day. The information in the course/curriculum is real time data, so it is likely to be the most accurate. You could be seeing the lag on that information when comparing the two.

That said, I have always found the REPORTS tab to give information that is odd or hard to explain, so I tend to prefer the old reports contained within the training object, as they seem to be reliable and up to date.

#3 2013-05-01 13:13:19

e-slinger

Re: How can Improve the Accuracy of my Training Reports?

Hello,

Oh, that is good to know. I did not know that was the time that those update. I know there is a disclaimer on that page saying it may take time to update, so that makes sense.

The major catch I have run into with using the training level reports vs the reports level reports is that I can not include any of the custom fields or choose what fields show in the report once it is run...so I am limited and almost forced into the reports tab.

Any ideas on how to get the flexibility of the reports options with the accuracy of the training module content?

Board footer