Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-09-19 08:14:15

**_dennis_**

Presenter options dont respond??

Hello All,

I am frustrated...has anyone one else run into this:

I open powerpoint (2010)...I save the document to desktop.
I build (or import) my slides and then try to use any of the options under the Adobe Presenter tab

No response...I click on any of the tabs and they light up in response to the mouse...but once clicked nothing happens...at all.

Under help...I will get responses...but usally all I get is an error message "...get image" and then nothing happens.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, I have located and deleted the .pcb files...none of this seems to work with any consistency.

I want to use this tool to develop along side Captivate...but I have had no luck getting it to work.

By the way: Presenter 7.x.x I think...I can't launch the About Presenter to provide...but I am up to date on my updates.

Windows 7

HELP!

Thank you

#2 2012-09-20 03:54:13

**_vgaur85_**

Re: Presenter options dont respond??

Hello,

Are you using Presenter 7.0.7 or a different version ?

Have you tried to launch Powerpoint 2010 from a different user account on your computer ?

Which version of Internet Explorer are you using, if IE9 (Please uninstall it) ?

Thanks,
Vikram

#3 2012-10-05 07:57:03

**_CB_**

Good Morning

Does this error message look familiar?

Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)':

SlideShowWindow (unknown member):Invalid request.  Automation rights are not granted.

I've been testing Presenter 8 with PPT 2007 and Windows 7. I often (but not always) get this error when opening a presentation. When I do, my Presenter functionality disappears, exactly as described above...Presenter is still on the ribbon, you can click on all of its various options, but they have no response of any kind.

I've seen from other forum postings that this was not unheard of in Presenter 7, so it looks like it is still an issue in 8. Clearly Adobe has made little to no effort to analyze and resolve this problem. Lord knows this combination of applications (Win7, PPT2007,Presenter7 or 8) would not be unusual in the marketplace. I would daresay it would be pretty much commonplace.

It would appear as though opening PowerPoint first, and then from within PPT, selecting Open-->your required file, avoids the error and loss of functionality. That being said, this problem needs to be resolved.

#4 2012-10-05 08:21:40

**_dennis_**

Good Morning CB,

Yes actually that error string sure does look familiar...I see it all the time.

I figured it was related, but was not sure how.

As far as your process of opening ppt first and then navigating to the file to avoid the error...I will try that as a work around and see if that works.

Thanks...good to know I am not alone!

It's too bad really...presenter is such a good tool...i just can't get it to work properly. Your feedback about v8 still being buggy is disapointing...i will be upgrading shortly and was hoping it would be fixed.

Oh well...on the plus side...think of how much better our creative thinking & problemsolving skills are getting!

Dennis

#5 2012-10-05 08:28:10

**_dennis_**

Hello Vikram,

Sorry I missed this post here are my answers:

Are you using Presenter 7.0.7 or a different version ?

** I am using Version 7.0.7 Build 7746. I check for updates frequently.

Have you tried to launch Powerpoint 2010 from a different user account on your computer ?

** No, I will test this and re-post.

Which version of Internet Explorer are you using, if IE9 (Please uninstall it)

** We use IE8 currently...but the organization will be moving to 9 in the near future.
     Will this be an issue?
     Will IE9 work with AP-v8?

Thanks,

#6 2012-10-09 10:36:58

**_vgaur85_**

Hello Dennis,

Presenter 7.0.7 is not tested and supported with IE9.

Also please check, do you have your issue with a specific presentation or will all the presentations ?

Thanks,
Vikram

#7 2012-10-09 10:50:25

**_dennis_**

Thank you,

Does Presenter 8 work with IE9?

Are there plans to test 7.0.7 with IE9?

The issues I have been having have been with almost every presentation, not just one file.

Thank you,

Dennis

#8 2012-10-09 11:02:35

**_vgaur85_**

Hello,

Adobe Presenter 8 works with IE 9.

Less possibilities for testing Adobe Presenter 7.0.7 with IE9

Does a different user account make any difference ?

Thanks,
Vikram

#9 2012-10-11 14:26:09

**_CB_**

The browser version is immaterial to the problem at hand...it is not post publishing, it is when opening the file in PowerPoint. This is the fact that functionality of the Adobe Presenter ribbon in PowerPoint disappears, nothing to do with the browser.

Anecdotaly, this issue seems to affect users with Windows 7. As stated by a user on another post, reverting their OS to XP resulted in no longer encountering the problem. And it would appear that the common element in evey user that has reported this issue is that they are using Windows7...

#10 2012-10-16 10:00:13

**_vgaur85_**

Hello,

Just want to double check that you have SP1 on Windows 7.

Thanks,
Vikram

#11 2012-10-16 14:25:24

**_dennis_**

Windows 7yes...and SP1 on presenter or connect?

#12 2012-10-16 15:23:41

**_vgaur85_**

Is that Windows 7 SP1 ?

Note : Click on Start -> Run -> type "winver" and press Enter.

#13 2012-10-29 11:44:54

**_CB_**

Win7SP1

Again, it's good to get an environmental snapshot, but keep in mind, this problem has been detailed for quite some time in numerous versions of Presenter and with what has to be assumed numerous states of the OS, but apparently all Win7.

#14 2012-11-05 18:34:06

**_CB_**

Just ran into this again today on another user with Windows 7....

#15 2012-11-10 21:10:05

**_CB_**

Happened again, yesterday, during a training session for Presenter 8. On a 64bit Windows 7 workstation. After a number of interactions in Presenter, along with a few Publish Preview, the buttons stopped responding. Prior to that, throughout the demo, persistent error messages coming from Presenter pretty much made the presentation a joke and borderline humiliating.

Is anyone from Adobe looking into these issues? This application is very useful when it's working properly, but the inability to rely upon it makes it increasingly difficult to justify its use. The most stable version seems to have been Presenter 6. Everything since then has been an enormous headache and complete disappointment.

Board footer