Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-07-20 09:58:56

**_jamesbooth_**

LocationMap for Adobe Connect - NOW RELEASED

LocationMap for Adobe Connect

Looking for a fun and easy to use ice breaker for your Adobe Connect "entrance lobby" ?

Would you like to see where all the attendees in your Connect session are located on a street map or satellite image?

This FREE pod is now available from our web-site  http://www.activec.biz/software/apps/lo … be-connect

LocationMap for Adobe Connect works with Connect version 8 and 9

locMap-sidebar3.png

Last edited by **_jamesbooth_** (2012-07-21 04:45:07)

#2 2012-07-20 11:24:56

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: LocationMap for Adobe Connect - NOW RELEASED

James,

Thanks for putting this pod together so we can use it again!

One quick question, I filled out the registration and had it confirmed, but I'm not sure what that did. Does registration do anything other than remove the text at the bottom of the pod that states it is not registered?

#3 2012-07-20 11:30:52

**_jamesbooth_**

Jorma_at_RealEyes wrote:

James,

Thanks for putting this pod together so we can use it again!

One quick question, I filled out the registration and had it confirmed, but I'm not sure what that did. Does registration do anything other than remove the text at the bottom of the pod that states it is not registered?

Hi

Thanks for trying the software and registering.

Hope you enjoy it, we look forward to getting peoples comments and feedback.

re: registering your copy
YES, it simply removes the red unregistered text,

it also means that your registration is added to our "licensed user database", which will keep you up-to date with upgrades etc.

James

#4 2012-07-20 11:58:39

**_elliotrevan_**

Once you register you will receive an email, simply click on the link in the email to confirm your registration.

If you had a virtual room open with the pod running at the time of registration, simply restart the browser /add-in  and the unregistered message will disappear.

#5 2012-07-21 05:06:45

**_jamesbooth_**

Hi

We've already received some feedback from people who have installed LocationMap, all positive so far :-), thank you to those who have commented.

One common question is :

will you add locate by town / city name, and zip / post code?

We would love to add this feature   -we have it working in the "lab"-  but, we cannot release this  feature in a "free" version

why?
GeoData "lookups" using those data items are no longer free in volume via Flash.  :-(

basically, the code has to use an API key to access such data online, and only so many access's per day can be done for free, once that (fairly low limit) is reached, each "geodata lookup" costs our company money.

it's not a huge amount per "lookup", but, there are a lot of Adobe Connect users out there (millions of user accounts), the daily bill would add up quite quickly to a sizeable amount.

the answer?
If there are enough interested people / users we will build a "pro" / advanced version which would require a small annual fee - based upon size of license required.

The license fee would cover the operational costs of the lookup options (town name etc), and it would also allow us to add more features, such as "remembering user locations on the map between layout changes", which is another feature we can't add to the "free version" due to ongoing operational costs of making the feature work.

We welcome all feedback / comments :-)

Last edited by **_jamesbooth_** (2012-07-21 05:13:35)

#6 2012-07-21 09:03:40

**_CB_**

Is the location dynamic, or is it based on the registration information the user provides? In other words, if I register myself as being from New York and I happen to be in Los Angeles when I join a Connect meeting, will it still report me as being in NYC?

#7 2012-07-22 03:26:32

**_jamesbooth_**

CB wrote:

Is the location dynamic, or is it based on the registration information the user provides? In other words, if I register myself as being from New York and I happen to be in Los Angeles when I join a Connect meeting, will it still report me as being in NYC?

Hi CB

The pod is designed as an interactive and fun "ice breaker" type activity for all / any attendee's in a Connect room / session.

Each attendee (in a Connect session) decides what their location is by dragging and dropping the purple pin onto the map.

Attendee pins / locations are not stored, ie, when you re-enter the meeting room the map will not have any location pins.

James

ps.  here is the page from the user guide that explains how it works
http://locationmap4acug.activec.biz/adding-loc-pin

Last edited by **_jamesbooth_** (2012-07-22 04:15:15)

#8 2012-11-09 13:02:45

**_jamesbooth_**

new version released today -  http://locationmap4ac.activec.biz

CHANGES IN  v2.1.3-0
New Features:
- Locations are remembered with layout changes
- User Interface display is now local to each user
- Alphabetical order of user list
- Moveable user list / control panel
- Resizeable user list / control panel
- Initial view is satellite not road.
- Optimised sizing of user names in user list (smaller font)
- Improved performance (load and run)
- Reduced file size

Bug Fixes:
- Fixed tool tips sticking on layout change
- Fixed registration problems
- Fixed attendee role change not being recognised
- Fixed nag message click problem (participant only)
- Fixed license check - unregistered message in participant view is now accurate

Board footer