Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-05-24 08:25:33

**_zemmerjd_**

Disabling quiz review in the curriculum??

We are getting ready to launch training for over 600 users and I am still running into a critical issue.
We have an introduction and pre-test as prerequisites to module one. Module one one contain all of our current training material.  We do not want the learner to be able to review the pre-test once he has completed it. Currently in our beta site when the learner completes the presets he is able to take it again by selecting it within the curriculum.  The following message is displayed. "You are now in Review Mode. Any choices selected will not be tracked." We want to disable this feature and lock the pre-test upon completion. Does you know if this possible? I haven

#2 2010-08-22 21:20:21

**_jessicaleahy_**

Re: Disabling quiz review in the curriculum??

Hi, I am having the same issue. I tried to search at other forums but I could not find the solution.

#3 2010-08-23 13:33:06

**_AChemey_**

You can added a method to the HTM file you use to launch your content to tell you whether its in 'Review Mode' and then do something based upon that (e.g. redirect the learner to a page that informs them why they can't view the content; use the XML-API's to launch their main content, etc)... 

I've created a method that returns -1, 0 or 1 (based on whether the content was NOT launched in Adobe Connect; Launched in Connect but not in review mode; Launched in Connect AND is in review mode).  In the example below, I've provided the method and some sample code which simply displays the results of calling the method.  Obviously, you'd want to remove the alert statement and put in your own code to do what you want...

function getReviewMode()
{
    // return_int is the return boolean variable
    // - returns -1 if the content is NOT launched in Adobe Connect
    // - returns 0 if the content is launched in Adobe Connect AND it is NOT in review mode
    // - returns 1 if the content is launched in Adobe Connect AND it is IN review mode
    var return_int = -1;

// AEC: Look for the isReview variable (looping up windows along the way - ensuring we aren't exceeding the top window)
    var window_obj = window;
    while(window_obj.parent != window_obj && typeof(window_obj.isReview) == 'undefined')
    {
        window_obj = window_obj.parent;
    }

// Check value
    if(typeof(window_obj.isReview) == 'undefined')
    {
        // AEC: NOT in Adobe Connect
    } else {
        // AEC: IN Adobe Connect
        if(window_obj.isReview.toLowerCase() == 'true' || window_obj.isReview == true)
        {
            // AEC: IN Review Mode
            return_int = 1;
        } else {
            // AEC: Assume NOT in Review Mode
            return_int = 0;
        }
    }

return return_int;
}

// AEC: Call getReviewMode to return value (then display)
var reviewMode_int = getReviewMode();
alert(reviewMode_int);

#4 2010-08-23 14:13:43

**_jcooper9099_**

Pretty much have the same solution here.

#5 2010-08-23 21:47:57

**_jessicaleahy_**

Thank you so much for the help. It worked great for me.

#6 2011-07-11 16:22:35

**_NoraDial_**

Hi,
I'm having the same issue... but I have a few questions becuase I can't get it to work for me.

1. Are you making this change somehow on a file on the actual Adobe Connect server itself? (after publishing CP quiz to the server?)

I ask because this is the process I tried >>  publish a sample test to a folder on my desktop, went in and added the code below to the .htm file in that folder, saved the .htm, zipped it all up, uploaded it into Adobe Connect as a zip content upload and then turned the content into a course/curriculum for tracking --- and it did not disable the review mode. Maybe I am not inserting the code into the correct .htm file or doing the correct process?

2. If my process was correct maybe I inserted the code in the wrong part of the overall code on the index.htm? 

Can you help me with this somehow? I

Last edited by **_NoraDial_** (2011-07-11 16:24:52)

#7 2011-07-15 20:54:05

**_AChemey_**

@NoraDial - Contact me off-list and I can work with you with your files.  You need to modify your content files to include that code.  The trick is to actually do something with the "isReview" variable such as redirect to another HTM file that informs the user they have already completed (or pass it to your content so the content can handle that request).

Regards,

Andrew

Andrew AT LearningConsulting DOT com

#8 2012-11-02 12:41:55

**_BethAC_**

Is there a way to get rid of the Review mode message all together? We don't want to use content as we want the user to be able to resize the browser, but we don't want that message to appear because this isn't a required training.  And we want people to be able to take the training as many times as they want, but not have the message appera. How can we get rid of it?

Last edited by **_BethAC_** (2012-11-02 12:44:52)

#9 2012-11-02 13:16:07

**_AChemey_**

BethAC,

Assuming you are creating a Curriculum...  The best way is to:

- Import content
- Set the permissions on the content to be "Publically Accessible" (though this is optional)
- Grab the URL of the content (NOTE: I would recommend adding "/default/{NAME_OF_LAUNCH_FILE.htm}" to the end of the URL)
- In the Curriculum, add "External Training" and paste the URL into the appropriate field

This content will not be tracked; and it won't display the review mode, either.

-Andrew

Board footer