Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-05-12 16:37:27

**_mmorton_ca_**

Video to play while slides rotate

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can have a video flv/swf play in the presenter box (talking head) while the slides rotate? I can get the video to play but it stops after each slide, and I need the video to continue on while the slides rotate.

I added silence as per other threads in this forum, but no luck.

What am I missing here? Or do I have to load individual clips per slide (which would be brutal) I have one video and multiple slides.

Thx in advance.

#2 2008-05-14 09:57:55

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Video to play while slides rotate

You need to add individual clips to each slide.

#3 2008-05-16 09:45:33

**_mmorton_ca_**

Does anyone know if version 7 will accommodate one video and multiple slides?

Thx

#4 2008-05-16 10:07:02

**_jameslloyd_**

You could use .ppt slide animations to change images rather than advancing slides - this would keep it all on one Presenter slide with your video.

#5 2008-05-21 00:16:14

**_ssaxena_**

With Presenter 7, for each slide one can select duration of the video that should play for that slide. So selecting different durations of the same video but on different slides should also do the trick. :)

#6 2008-06-06 18:19:22

**_catholicon_**

A similar issue is reported here. Is the suggested work-around good enough for you?

#7 2008-06-10 17:19:35

**_pjones_**

catholicon wrote:

A similar issue is reported here. Is the suggested work-around good enough for you?

I just tried this solution and while it does work it's quite difficult to get the synchronization correct. One tip is to create a "placeholder" video to import on the other slides rather than importing your full video on each slide. This keeps the file size down during publishing. The other thing I did was to create one file with just the audio and use the audio editor to set the synchronization. Then print off the xml file for this presentation to get the timing for the one with the video. For the amount of work though it's just not worth it. Come on Adobe get this feature included in the next release!

Board footer