Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-10-15 16:44:14

**_CB_**

Autoplay not working when publishing Connect 8 content to CD

Hello

I've been messing around with Presenter 8 and created a number of presentations.

When publishing to My Computer, they seem to have trouble playing.

When I create a zip file, the index.htm fails to open the presentation, I just get an Adobe Flash Player crash notification.

And when I publish to CD/DVD the autorun doesn't work and I have to explain to users to "search the files on the disk, find the index.htm and double click..."

Anyone else having trouble with publishing anywhere other than to the server?

Pretty fed up with Presenter 8 at this point.

#2 2012-10-15 17:15:18

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Autoplay not working when publishing Connect 8 content to CD

You cannot play the presentation from a Zip file. Un-zip the presentation, and then launch the index.htm or auto-run file.

Auto-run only works if that function is enabled. Many environments have this feature disabled to prevent employees from intentionally, or unintentionally, running harmful programs automatically on the computers owned by those organizations. In such a situation, the autorun.ini is useless.

Try publishing as a PDF, it will be easier and more reliable for people to view the presentation locally.

#3 2012-10-15 17:20:16

**_CB_**

Jorma....Thanks for your effort, but of course I'm aware that you need to unzip the file...How else would I be clicking on the htm file?

And this is on my personal laptop, not a corporate laptop. I'm the admin with full control, there are no impediments to running autorun files.

#4 2012-10-15 17:40:21

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I wasn't trying to downplay your knowledge/ability. Windows, and software that deals with zip files,  will, in many cases, let you see what is in a Zipped package and attempt to launch the index.htm from within the zip file. It is actually a common issue that I have seen among my clients, and thus I mention it here.

Not sure why the autorun wouldn't be working on your computer, but I have had little faith in that function due to it's inability to be effective in most environments.

#5 2012-10-15 18:54:57

**_CB_**

No Worries. I I wasn't offended. Sorry it came off as such.

I don't understand why the Flash Player reports a crash of the player when trying to run the preso. It never appears to launch at all.

When I launch the htm by exploring the disk's files, it plays just fine.

So frustrating. Nothing but problems thus far with 8. I haven't even broached the lack of animations that are translating after publishing.

#6 2012-10-16 12:47:38

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Presenter 8 has been pretty stable for me thus far. Have you done the update to 8.0.1?

All entrance, exit and motion path animations should work, along with most slide transitions. The simpler emphasis animations should work, but the color/font change animations have never been supported.

Are you seeing something different from that?

#7 2012-10-16 17:58:33

**_CB_**

No on the update... I don't remember why, but i had a reason not to at the time...

My concern isn't the animations. Those are minor details that can usually be worked around via alternate choices.

My concern is the publishing process, the crashing of my Flash Player when trying to play the htm file, and the inability of the autorun process off of cd.

#8 2012-10-17 01:55:54

**_viswanaths_**

Hello CB,

As you might already be aware, we need to create autorun.ini which can open the specific index.html file. When we insert the CD, windows would open this file and run this file and in-turn run the html file. Can you check the syntax in that?

For the issue of Flash Player Crashing while launching the html file, is this crash happening only for this html file or any Presenter file? Please email me at viswanat@adobe.com, I can work with you to investigate further and later post the results in this thread.

Thanks,
Vish

Board footer