Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-08-13 22:35:28

**_Shelley_**

Playing videos in a Share pod

I just ran a test, hosting a meeting from my laptop and watching as a participant on an iPhone and an iPad.  I played a 90-second MP4 video in a share pod, but all I saw on the iOS devices was a sad, grey empty pod.

Can we share any videos with participants on Connect Mobile?  I can create SWF or FLV files if the format will make any difference...

#2 2012-08-14 11:09:13

alistairlee

Re: Playing videos in a Share pod

Hi Shelley,

FLV files will work on iOS devices in Adobe Connect meetings, but MP4 files will not.

It's kind of ironic since iOS natively supports MP4 and not FLV - but the opposite is true in Adobe Connect Mobile.

#3 2012-08-14 11:46:30

**_Shelley_**

Okay, good to know, Alistair. 

Just to clarify, though -- FLVs can play directly in the Share pod?  They DON'T need to be embedded in a PowerPoint slide and published via Adobe Presenter, right?

#4 2012-08-20 17:41:51

**_romangiverts_**

Hi,

I was wondering if you have ever been able to get an FLV to play embedded in a powerpoint slide on iPad?

Roman

#5 2012-08-20 19:18:04

**_Shelley_**

I haven't tried that yet, Roman.  Perhaps someone else can chime in... ?

#6 2012-08-22 14:16:57

**_praha_**

The Connect mobile app does not supported embedded video within a slide or PowerPoint slide. It will play back in a share pod and Alistair is correct. The app does not play back MP4 on iOS devices, only FLV.

#7 2012-09-25 20:20:52

**_petersen_**

I can't even see powerpoint or a shared desktop screen using Connect mobile 2.0 on an iPad.  It seems like that should work, but it doesn't.
Thanks,
KP

#8 2012-10-04 14:03:01

**_Daniel_**

It looks like the solution for Shelley's original question is to convert MP4 videos to FLV, then upload to Adobe Connect. We played an MP4 video today in a webinar. One participant in the webinar was on her iPhone and reported the "sad, grey empty pod." I jumped over to connect users and discovered this thread.

We just tested by converting the MP4 to FLV, uploading it to connect and it played perfectly on an iPad. (I did not test an iPhone but assume it would work as well.)

#9 2012-10-04 16:35:48

**_Shelley_**

Daniel, thanks for that confirmation!

Board footer