Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-04-02 18:48:01

**_randahm_**

Known Issues for Adobe Connect Mobile for Android 1.5

The following is the current list of Known Issues for our recent Android release. Note that many of the issues are specific to the Android platform. Separate Known Issues posts will be provided for iOS and other platforms as they are made available.

We will work to address Known Issues in future releases.
-------------------------------------------------------
- On Android devices, forward-facing cameras are not accessible. Rear-facing cameras on Android devices can be used to broadcast video.

- Due to the distinct device screen technology used on the Motorola Atrix, the buttons in Adobe Connect Mobile appear tiny. Adobe AIR changes in the future will resolve this issue.

- Single Sign On Support for custom login authentication has been improved. Users on Android, connecting to an Adobe Connect 8 or higher server, are redirected to the browser. The SSO handler in the browser is then used to authenticate the user, after which the mobile app will be launched.

- After tapping on the video icon to begin sending video from the device, video may take a few seconds to appear while activating the camera on certain devices.

- The mobile client does not support the Integrated Video Conference Pod, Web Links Pod, or File Share (file download) Pod. Mobile users will not see this content. (Note that the Videconference Pod is distinct from the Camera and Voice Pod, which is supported on mobile.)

- SWF content not officially supported in Adobe Connect Mobile

- Adobe Connect Collaboration Builder SDK Pods are not supported in Connect Mobile.

- Large FLV files in the Share pod may not play back in Adobe Connect Mobile. Video formats .mp4 and .f4v are not supported.

- In cases where Pods are not supported on mobile, the user should see an 'Unsupported Content' message.

- Pods that are supported on mobile, and are open in main window (not the Presenter Only Area) in the current layout, are visible to mobile attendees, even if they are hidden behind other pods for Desktop users. Pods in the Presenter Only Area are not visible to mobile users.

- Breakout Rooms are not supported. Audio streams from all breakouts will be heard on the mobile client.

- On some carrier networks, a Connect error appears when there is an incoming call

- Quizzing in Presenter shared content not fully supported: radio buttons in quiz questions may not appear

- Captivate shared content is not fully supported. Movies may stop or loop when not expected. Restarting the content may resolve.

- Limited whiteboard overlay object support on mobile. Whiteboard objects do not appear the same color, shape, or location on mobile as on desktop. Restarting Sharing may resolve.

- Meeting failover is not supported from mobile.

- Best Practice: When attending a meeting that broadcasts audio using 'Universal Voice', which transmits audio over both telephony and VOIP, wear a headset on the phone if your telephone microphone is not muted, or else an audio feedback loop will be created.

- For Connect 7.5.2 meetings: 'Start Private Chat' does not work in mobile Chat if the Chat pod is linked to the Q&A pod

- When logging in to the device as a registered user or member, the private chat history is retained.

- When video camera is broadcasting from mobile device, if host switches layouts from one to another, the camera will stop broadcasting

- If a user is demoted, or rights to broadcast video are taken away from the user *while actively broadcasting video*, and the user is subsequently given video rights again, or promoted to a higher role, the user is no longer able to broadcast video. The video icon may appear green and BROADCASTING may appear active in this case, even though video is not broadcasting at all.

- Device users attending meetings with the Participant role on C8.1 servers must be granted microphone or video rights as an individual for the rights to be enabled in the mobile app. If the mobile user receives rights through the host's group action 'Enable microphone for Participants' or 'Enable webcam for participants', they will not apply to mobile users.

#2 2011-04-05 01:07:02

**_boby_**

Re: Known Issues for Adobe Connect Mobile for Android 1.5

what about guest only option during login of Android version?
i've seen that on iPad version there is possibility to authenticate with user and pass, but on my Android tablet, it is only GUEST option available

#3 2011-04-05 02:27:48

**_ytoshima2038_**

Hi randahm,

> - SWF content not officially supported in Adobe Connect Mobile

We really regret this because our customers use many SWF contents and custom pods which we developed. We wish you could support SWF content near in the future!

Yasushi

#4 2011-04-06 00:46:48

**_Purnima_**

boby wrote:

what about guest only option during login of Android version?
i've seen that on iPad version there is possibility to authenticate with user and pass, but on my Android tablet, it is only GUEST option available

I use Connect mobile on Android device and I do get option to login and enter the meeting. Which device and app version are you using?

#5 2011-04-07 01:12:12

**_boby_**

my device is Android 2.2 tablet Archos 70 IT

#6 2011-06-26 21:47:47

**_sloan1919_**

Let us not forget the lack of the ability to play recordings.

#7 2012-08-15 11:05:34

**_robnicholson_**

>> - SWF content not officially supported in Adobe Connect Mobile
>We really regret this because our customers use many SWF contents and custom pods which we developed. We wish you could support SWF content near in the future!

Same here but I've heard that it's because custom pods are classed as modifying the app on the fly which Apple won't allow. Sounds like flimflam to me.

Rob.

#8 2012-08-15 11:22:37

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I appreciate your frustration on this point, as we would all love to see custom pods work in mobile deployments of Connect.

None of us are here to lie to you or give you 'flimflam' as an excuse. I would hope that you have seen that in the last two years that this community is about helping each other and finding the best solution to everyone's problems and concerns.

Yes, Connect can't do everything, but then no application/tool can. Adobe is trying to have this tool work in the widest range of platforms possible, and working to over come the hurdles that come with different technology accessing the same application. Keep in mind that Adobe ultimately has no control over what Apple, Android, Microsoft or any other manufacturer decide to do with their products and OS's. Therefore there are always going to be issues to work around and find solutions for.

I know it's easy to throw the blame at Adobe, since they make the application that you are using, but if they are hitting roadblocks from the source of your device, then there is not much that can be done in the short term. As Alistair said above, they are working on finding a solution, but it is not an easy problem to overcome.

I'm also not saying Adobe is perfect. I don't work for Adobe. There are many things that I have felt Adobe had fallen short on delivering and could have done more to improve their products with the times. I guess I'm just saying that the blame should be on the organization(s) that are the cause of your problems.

#9 2012-10-04 14:06:44

**_Daniel_**

Hello - it is nice to have the list of known issues - thanks for posting. Is there an update to this list? I'm noticing this sticky is 18 months old at this point and it mentions Android 1.5 which I'm guessing most devices are running 2.3 and higher.

I have an droid Incredible II by HTC (running Android 2.3.4) and it can leverage the front or rear facing camera with a tap of the screen. Works amazingly well.

I am also finding that both .mp4 and .flv videos play just fine in the app on my android. Were these issues fixed?

Last edited by **_Daniel_** (2012-10-04 14:16:59)

Board footer