Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-09-26 07:39:57

**_elliotrevan_**

Custom Pods not working properly in Connect 8 recordings

Hi everyone,

I posted in the Connect 8 forum and realised that I might get a more detailed response if I ask in the developer section

I find that when viewing custom pods in recordings everything works fine, however as soon as you move the play head, no sync events are received by the custom pod.

We received a report form a beta tester that editing out the beginning of the recording will also stop the custom pod from receiving sync events

We tested this by creating a very simple pod that sends and receives sync events (both delta and stateful). This was tested on different connect servers and with different operating systems and browsers.

Win 7 chrome,  Win 7 IE9, OSX Chrome, OSX firefox.

The debug version of flash showed the following error:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

at breezeLive.corePods.contentClasses::ImageSwfLoader/processPlaybackSyncEvent()

at breezeLive.main::RecordableStreamClient/playEvent()

at breezeLive.main::RecordableStreamClient/flushPacingQ()

at breezeLive.archiver::PlaybackManager/flushEventQ()

at breezeLive.archiver::PlaybackManager/playPacingInterval()

at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()

at SetIntervalTimer/onTimer()

at flash.utils::Timer/_timerDispatch()

at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

This is a pretty major issue for us, has anyone else been experiencing this or does anyone have a workaround?

Last edited by **_elliotrevan_** (2012-09-26 09:32:09)

#2 2012-09-26 10:55:13

**_catholicon_**

Re: Custom Pods not working properly in Connect 8 recordings

Which connect version are you on?

#3 2012-10-03 02:03:12

**_mvasic1_**

Re: Custom Pods not working properly in Connect 8 recordings

I think this has been fixed in one of the patches for Connect 8. If you are on Connect 8 i would suggest to patch your system up to 8.2.2.2.

Board footer