Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-01-13 21:19:46

**_rpsathya8_**

Unable to Publish with Captivate 5.5 to Adobe Connect

I get this message from Captivate 5.5 is "Failed to publish your project to the Adobe Connect Server.  Verify your network connection and then retry"

I have checked all the notes and there no extra notes or <enter> keys. What is the issue?

#2 2012-01-16 17:13:45

**_Cptv8user_**

Re: Unable to Publish with Captivate 5.5 to Adobe Connect

I am having the same issue.  Please help!

#3 2012-01-20 16:45:27

**_rpsathya8_**

Any solution available? I have a deadline and would like to resolve it before that. Please let me know.

#4 2012-04-05 02:32:25

**_sti_**

I had the same issue.
Possible reason is that you use Shift+Enter in text boxes.

Adobe Connect does not understand 0x3 character and terminates publishing process.

Resolution: export project to XML format as a reference and look for character with code 0x3.
Replace all this instances in Captivate manually.

Re-publish.

#5 2012-04-05 08:29:48

**_Purnima_**

Can you try publishing to local as zip and them upload it ?

If it doesn't contain quiz, try uploading only the swf file generated in published output.

#6 2012-04-05 14:27:17

**_sti_**

I did not try it yet.
I think it shoul work preperly.

Anyway direct publishing from Captivate to Connect is a great feature.

#7 2012-04-06 13:06:39

**_rpsathya8_**

Awesome thanks for the answer Sti. I was able to export Captivate to XML and then eliminate all the shift+enter and it appeared as a "square icon" in the text after that it published.

#8 2012-04-19 08:17:09

**_lrobert_**

I'm also have getting the same "Failed to publish your project to the Adobe Connect Server.  Verify your network connection and then retry". with Captivate 5.5.

I've checked the formatting and tried publishing a project that contains just one slide with one object and still get the same error.

I really want to use the direct publishing to Connect feature, does anyone have further advice - thank you.

#9 2012-04-20 05:43:01

**_Purnima_**

Did you check the option of Publish for Adobe Connect in publish settings?

Also are you able to upload published zipped output to Connect  ?

#10 2012-05-10 05:48:27

**_lrobert_**

I'm still unable to publish a Captivate module - continuing to get the "Failed to Pulish your project...verify network connection and then retry" message.

Reading the agreed solution - I exported to file to xml, butIi'm not able to find any of what they suggest.

Can someone show me or confirm exactly what I'm looking for 0x3 or a square icon?

thank you

#11 2012-05-24 13:59:55

**_williamwatkins_**

I am getting the same error when trying to republish a project to my Connect server.  I'm running Captivate 5.5 and Connect 7.X. 
I was able to publish the project once, but accidently published to the wrong folder name.  I created a new folder with the correct name and deleted the original content and folder.

Now when I try to publish to the new folder I get the error "I get this message from Captivate 5.5 is "Failed to publish your project to the Adobe Connect Server.  Verify your network connection and then retry."

If I try to manually upload content I get an error that a project exists with that name.  If I give it a new name, I get an error that the URL exists.  If I change both the title and the name, I'm then back to the "I get this message from Captivate 5.5 is "Failed to publish your project to the Adobe Connect Server.  Verify your network connection and then retry" error.

Is there some DB entry that is hanging around that I can't see causing the issue?

#12 2012-05-25 03:17:21

**_Purnima_**

This is a trick solution . Try saving your project with a different name i.e do a save as. Then publish this locally as zip and upload.  That should work.

#13 2012-06-11 11:09:08

**_williamwatkins_**

I tried your suggestion.  When attempting to upload the ZIP file I receive this error:
Request Not Processed

The system was unable to process your request.

For further assistance, please check out the Connect Pro support center or contact Connect Pro support.

So I'm back...

FYI - From the Connect Pro interface, I've deleted all references to the folder I was trying to publish to in Shared Content.  I've now tried to publish directly to the root of the Shared Content.  I've tried to upload directly to the root of Shared Content.  When I try to publish, first I get an error the a file with the same name or URL already exists, then I get the error about checking your network connection when I change the name to something totally new.  When I try to upload directly, I get the error above.

Any suggestions?  I'm now two weeks overdue...

#14 2012-06-11 11:38:20

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Call support 800-945-9120.

Adobe needs to be involved and should be able to help work out what the issue(s) is by looking at the logs and your project.

#15 2012-09-17 12:13:16

**_andrewvshields_**

Not sure if William got a solution but it seems i am at the same place. Please advise.

#16 2012-09-24 14:28:31

**_dennis_**

Hello All,

I have recently upgraded to Cp 6 hoping that the direct publish to Connect issue (which has not worked for me since Cp4) would be resolved. It has not.

I have up until now been zipping projects and publishing that way...and that has worked fine...except now I have several documents (printable job aids) that I have saved as PDF, saved to the publish folder, zipped and uploaded.

The problem is that the files do not open once it has been published...I have also tried publishing the jobaids to Connect...and then direct linking to them. Now they (the job aid pdf docs) freeze Connect and crash IE.

Any advice on this??

Windows 7
IE 8
ACP 8
Cp 6

#17 2012-09-25 11:20:12

**_AChemey_**

Most of the time the publish fails (especially when you try repeatedly and across multiple versions), it's because there is an invalid character in question and/or distractor text. 

There are at least two methods that can be used to determine the text in the questions are causing the issue.
- Publish Locally; Use TextPad and/or some other Text Editor to view "..._TRMetadata.xml" file.  You are looking for either empty responses (e.g. search for "></response>" or "> </response>"), or you are looking for either weird characters (e.g. a box character such as "") or an extra space or what appears to be a carriage-return in the response fields.
- Publish Locally as a ZIP (though you could probably publish direct to Adobe Connect, it's a bit more difficult to configure). Launch Adobe Connect and append "&mode=xml" to the end of the URL.  Then import the resulting zip file into the Content Tab.  If an error occurs, potentially additional information about the error will appear towards the beginning of the XML text that shows in the Connect Interface.

The second option might be a bit more technical for some, so feel free to either contact Support or try to reach out to me and I can review.

Regards,

Andrew

#18 2012-09-25 11:38:54

**_andrewvshields_**

Update: My issue was an extra space at the end of some of the distractors (answers). One I removed them in Cp, I was able to do a direct publish to Connect.

Much thanks to Andrew for his help!

#19 2012-09-25 11:59:13

**_AChemey_**

Actually - I believe the problem with Andrew's files was a special character, which might have looked like a space (but in TextPad appeared as a box).  An extra space would not cause an error for import.

Board footer