Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-09-24 07:54:43

**_cramkumar86_**

Problems with adding silence to audio

Hi,

I am trying to add silence to both start and end of the audio in a captivate slide. After adding silence, I click Save. After I close it and re-open it to see the audio waveform, there is no silence added to it. Please help me. This is giving me lots of stress and I have a very close deadline to complete the project.

Ram

#2 2012-09-24 11:16:09

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Problems with adding silence to audio

Just move the audio to the left or right on the timeline.

I've not seen the ability to add silence to the beginning or end of an audio file on a slide in Captivate since Cp3.

Audio+placement+-+Cp.JPG?download=Audio+placement+-+Cp.JPG

#3 2012-09-25 00:31:13

**_cramkumar86_**

Hi Jorma,

Many Thanks for your suggestion. But, when I move the timeline to the right, I can only add some silence to the start of audio and not at the end of audo. So, after moving the timeline to the right by 1 second, the audio has a silence of 1 sec, but still the voice breaks up at the end. How do I resolve this? Please help.

Ram

#4 2012-09-25 11:04:38

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

You should be able to grab the audio, like any other object on the timeline and move it left or right. So, after you add the time to the slide duration, just move the audio file back to the left and you should see time (silence) after the audio wave.

#5 2012-09-25 11:17:50

**_cramkumar86_**

Thank you so much Jorma. It works. Excellent. You made my life easier. Long live Jorma.. :)

#6 2012-09-25 11:19:43

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Thanks for not feeding my ego ;)

It took me a while to come to that solution, so I'm glad you don't have to fight with it as long.

#7 2012-09-25 11:21:27

**_cramkumar86_**

Ha. Ha... Thanks a ton Jorma.. :)

Board footer