Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-12-22 09:13:36

**_Randy_**

Capturing Function Keystrokes in Captivate

Hello.

I am creating a training for a text based system we use. Several of the keystrokes used in the program utilize the <Function> keys. Right now, it appears that I cannot capture these keystrokes within Captivate CS4.

Does anyone have any suggestions or settings I should change which would allow me to perform this action?

Thank you.

#2 2009-12-22 09:42:18

**_cmward156_**

Re: Capturing Function Keystrokes in Captivate

I would try either embedding a swf file that handles this functionality or building a custom pod that handles the key capturing.

#3 2010-01-04 20:13:55

**_Captiv8r_**

Hi Randy

Unfortunately there are certain keys that are unavailable for use during playback of a Captivate movie.

I suspect that at this point you may be wondering just why all the different keys are listed. And it's a perfectly logical question to ask.

The thing is, Captivate output may be played from inside the Browser or from the Flash Player (if you published an EXE file)

The shortcut keys that won't work from the browser should work fine in the EXE. And that's it in a nutshell. The browser will always intercept certain function keys. For example, F1 cannot be used as it is used to open the Help system for the browser.

Cheers... Rick :)

#4 2012-09-24 14:43:18

**_dennis_**

Hello,

Is this still true for Cp6 or have adjustments been made?

Thank you

Board footer