Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-06-16 13:22:20

**_MartinLang_**

Special URL shortcut for Connect Mobile on iOS?

Many iPad and iPhone apps, have special URL shortcuts, to include links on websites or in eMails that then open an app and e.g. pre-configure something or load something specific within the app etc.
Here's many examples of apps that do things like that:
http://applookup.com/2010/09/iphone-app … shortcuts/
Is something like this available for Adobe Connect Mobile? This would be extremely helpful to then e.g. send out links in a meeting request for people to open with their iPad or iPhone and open Adobe Connect already pre-filled with the right meeting room URL.

#2 2011-06-16 16:32:34

alistairlee

Re: Special URL shortcut for Connect Mobile on iOS?

Safari should automatically open Adobe Connect mobile after the login screen.  It will pass along the meeting name and your login credentials (or guest credentials) to the app.

If you want to skip Safari alltogether, I beleive you can use the following nomenclature:
connectpro://servername/meetingname

That should automatically launch Adobe Connect mobile with the correct meeting name.

#3 2011-06-17 09:51:04

**_MartinLang_**

Great!! I checked this and it works perfect. Thanks a lot!

#4 2012-04-03 21:28:39

**_thekiwi_**

Is there a comparable method for the Android Mobile app?

Have tried entering connectpro://servername/meetingroom into the default browser and it just does a Google search on the text.

#5 2012-04-23 14:56:03

**_mkolb_**

Is it documented anywhere what options are available with connectpro:// ?  I would like to sign my user in from another app.  I'm willing to generate a token, or to pass the username and password to the app, I just need to know if there's a way to do it (besides wrapping up safari:// with username and password and meeting, which seems excessive).

Thanks!

#6 2012-07-26 13:33:11

**_jcooper9099_**

Is there documentation on this? Using "connectpro://" with any paramters such as "session" causes the app to get stuck at connecting.

#7 2012-08-01 21:40:55

**_jtan_**

I am experiencing the same issue with using the connectpro:// URL on Android as jcooper9099.  When using connectpro://servername/meeting/ the app gets stuck forever. However, using connectpro://https://servername/meeting loads up the meeting join screen with the URL loaded into the meeting URL textbox.

There must be something I'm not passing correctly because if I connect to the meeting URL via the web browser and click on the Launch Adobe Connect Mobile link, it loads correctly.  It's only when crafting my own URL that the problem appears.

Board footer