Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-02-21 15:51:25

**_Kwer_**

Ability to share iPad desktop

Just downloaded the new connect app and it looks great. However, I was hoping that this app would allow me to share my iPad desktop...so that I can share items that are only stored on my iPad...this doesn't seem possible? Or am I missing something?

#2 2012-02-24 08:54:30

**_redhatperl_**

Re: Ability to share iPad desktop

No it is not possible yet

#3 2012-02-29 10:49:49

alistairlee

All mobile applications are sandboxed and not allowed access to the desktop.  I wouldn't expect this functionality unless Apple (and others) make significant changes to these policies (not likely).

#4 2012-02-29 11:33:08

**_thomasattrp_**

Would like to see a report from someone using the new online live with the Ipad which allows for Flash.  I played with it briefly and it would not allow me to use the Ipad's mic or camera, though went nicely into the meeting room and was able to participate as a participant in all activities.  If others like Online LIve continue to chip away at the IPad's blocking of Flash, sooner or later, Apple will almost have to come around.

TW

#5 2012-02-29 13:14:09

**_thomasattrp_**

I misstated the name of the app for Ipad. It is  http://www.onlive.com/
Thomas

#6 2012-05-02 11:34:03

**_rhagearty_**

I was able to use Reflection and Airport to show an iPad screen on my Mac. In Connect, I then screenshared my Mac and could see clearly an app on the iPad on another computer connected to the meeting.

#7 2012-08-01 15:57:47

**_timclynch_**

You can also use a Roland VR3 AV mixer to take the iPad screen and share it in the camera pod.  Connect the iPad to the VR3 (via VGA cable and apple adapter), the VR3 connects to the laptop via USB and the adobe room sees it as a webcam.

Board footer