Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-07-10 23:35:21

**_ksistrunk_**

Using HTML 5 with Connect 9

Here is a tricky question.  I would like to design some HTML5 content to be used in connect.

Here are my questions:

1.  Is it possible to transfer data from HTML5 playing in the connect room to my webserver?  If so, what format is used to transfer the data?

2. How is html5 played in the new room?  Is it all zipped up? Can I just drop it in the share pod? What steps need to be taken so that it will play?

3. Is there any published information or videos on creating html5 content for Connect?

Thanks for your time.

#2 2012-07-11 09:49:39

alistairlee

Re: Using HTML 5 with Connect 9

You can upload HTML 5 content to the Adobe Connect server - but not to a meeting room.

All native content in the meeting room needs to be flash-based. The only way to share HTML 5 content would be to screenshare it.

You can upload a ZIP file to Adobe Connect though that everyone can access. In fact, you can create entire web portals with CSS, images, Javascript, HTML, etc. To do this, make sure you have a file in your root directory of the ZIP called index.html.  Other files should use relative paths (i.e. '../images/myImage.jpg'). ZIP everything up and upload as content to the Adobe Connect server. You can give this content a custom URL that can be used to access it later on.

#3 2012-07-26 02:35:54

**_dali_**

Hi Kris,

One way to go around the problem is with Adobe Captivate 6. If you recreate your material you can then publish it as HTML 5 and Flash at the same time. Then it can be viewed in the meeting room and you will still have your HTML 5 version for those who needs it.

Alistair, a question to you: If I publish from Captivate 6 as HTML 5 and Flash and then show the flash version in the share pod in the meeting room, will mobile attendees see the HTML 5 version on their mobile device with the new Adobe Connect Mobile 2.0?

#4 2012-07-30 19:04:36

**_jasonnunley_**

Do you post the html5 and swf in the same zip file? And, does it know the difference between when accessed from mobile device?

Board footer