Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-09-03 11:48:00

**_spiper806_**

Click all buttons

Is it possible to force the user to click all buttons before continuing.

For example:
I have a main page with 4 different button options (A,B,C,D).  When one of the buttons is clicked, it takes you to that page (A would take you to "A" Page, B to "B" Page, and so forth) then returns you back to the main page.  Once all 4 buttons have been clicked, and only after ALL 4 have been clicked, you can continue on to a new page.

I have tried doing it this way, but am still having some issues:
Using Captivate 4, I set up a variable & advanced action (be aware that I am awful at scripting and barely figured how to do this with assistance).

My Variable is called "progress" and has a value of 4.

The advanced action is written in this way:

Action Name - Move On

-> Check If  (Progress is equal to 4) <+>
->> begin <NewLine>
->         Jump to slide Closing Video  <NewLine>
->>           Add Statement
-> end
-> Or Else
->> begin  <NewLine>
->         Jump to slide ABCD   <NewLine>
-> end  .   <NewLine>
-> Add Statement

Each of the four slides (A,B,C,D) have the navigation set up like this:

On slide enter:  Increment
      Increment:  Progress
                  by:  1

On slide exit:  Execute advanced action
            Action:  Move On

I have 4 options (ABCD) so I set the value to 4.  There is a screen with all four options where you choose one.  Each option takes you to a single page with a video on it and the redirects you back to the screen with the four options on it.  I made it so that when you enter one of those video pages it increments the

#2 2012-07-18 03:36:04

**_Awesome-VFX_**

Re: Click all buttons

Sorry I don't have an answer, but I'm using Captivate 5, and if I use buttons, I can only continue when all buttons have been pressed.. it's frustrating the hell out of me since I want to do multiple choice questions where a user just single clicks an area to continue.. though the down-side of this for you would be that you have to click them from a blank white screen that appears in-front of them!

How did you get more than one button on the same slide and have it allow you to change to another slide? I've been fighting this for 2 days straight =/

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited by **_Awesome-VFX_** (2012-07-18 03:36:14)

#3 2012-07-27 08:34:59

**_Rpgilligan85_**

Re: Click all buttons

Do you want the users to be able to Jump from A to C than to B and so on or do you want them to go in order from A to B to C To D?

I have done something similar where I have 3 buttons and two of them are locked once you start the presentation and the only way to unlock the buttons is by completing the section before it. So once they finished section A it will take them back to the home screen and section B will then be ready to view and once they finish section B, section C will then unlock for viewing.

Board footer