Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-07-04 10:15:25

**_iancuser_**

Problem with Presenter vid and audio in a Shared Connect Window

I've just used Adobe Presenter 7.06 to add audio to a PowerPoint 2010 deck, and successfully published to a Connect 8 Content library.  The slides are meant to change after every 5 secs, unless there is audio on a slide, in which  case the time may be longer. The first slide does not have audio.

When I Share the content in a window, and attempt to play, the slides change and the audio can be heard my end - but if I press the Play button on the Presenter share at the audience end the slides stay still, and no audio is heard.

When I manually click the Advance Slide Forward button the Presenter share, then each slide does move at the audience end.

Any ideas? Thanks

Last edited by **_iancuser_** (2012-07-04 10:16:17)

#2 2012-07-05 15:06:26

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Problem with Presenter vid and audio in a Shared Connect Window

Are you playing the presentation locally and sharing it through screen sharing or playing it directly in a Share pod?

Also, if your Connect 8 deployment is 8.1 or newer,  you should be using Presenter 7.0.7 which can be downloaded from the Presenter product page. The newer version may have had a fix for playback issues.

http://www.adobe.com/products/presenter.html

#3 2012-07-05 18:12:52

**_iancuser_**

Thanks for getting back.

I'm playing the Presenter item directly in a Share pod.

Connect version is 6.2.2.0 - I shall try and download the 7.0.7 version of Presenter (thanks for the link) though I am slightly nervous about it wrecking my licensing (I have Presenter courtesy of Adobe Acrobat X Suite, and there have been 'issues' with updating component parts.

For example, Presenter is 7.0.6 build 7604. But if I choose [Help, Updates...] it tells me 'There are no updates'...

Shall download 7.0.7 later and report back.

By the sound of your answer, in theory I should be able to play Presenter content with timed transitions automatically and directly in a Shared WIndow, and the transitions and audio make it to the audience?

#4 2012-07-05 18:18:10

**_iancuser_**

Hmm... there may be a slight delay, as the Adobe website is unclear as to whether 7.0.7 works ok with Acorbat X Suite serial numbers:

"Free upgrade for existing Adobe Presenter customers - Existing customers having Adobe Presenter 7 or any version of Adobe eLearningSuite can download a free trial of the latest Adobe Presenter and use their existing serial key to activate."

#5 2012-07-06 10:59:39

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Ok, so since you are still on Connect 6, don't update to Presenter 7.0.7. The update to Presenter 7.0.7 was a major change that modified the Action Script language of the output from AS2 to AS3. The 7.0.7 update is required for Connect 8.1 and newer. Presenter 7.0.7 output will not work with 7.5 and older versions of Connect. The 7.0.7 update is not available through the get updates dialog because it requires you to uninstall/reinstall the program.

You can update to 7.0.7 with your Acrobat X suite, you just need to install the 7.0.7 executable and then run your Acrobat X suite installer for Presenter to apply your serial key. (Should you need to upgrade in the future.)

The presentation should play normally in a share pod (just be sure the presentation is synced). I believe in Connect 6 you could  use the "p" key as a hot key to play your presentation, but you can always go into the pod options menu and select, show presentation play bar, to get the option to play your presentation, instead of using the previous/next buttons.

There may be an issue with Connect 6 and Presenter 7.0.6. Did you see this issue before updating past 7.0.5? Do you know if your organization is current with M&S with Adobe for you Connect deployment and just chose not to upgrade to a newer version?

#6 2012-07-06 13:54:18

**_iancuser_**

Whoops, I am SO sorry - faulty keyboard here, which I had not noticed.  I am actually on Connect v.8.2.2.0

#7 2012-07-09 10:54:28

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Well, in that case you are most likely seeing the issues of loading an AS2 application in to AS3. You should upgrade to 7.0.7 as it is required for Connect 8.1 and newer.

Upgrade instructions can be found here: http://helpx.adobe.com/presenter/kb/upg … 7-0-6.html

#8 2012-07-09 11:50:02

**_iancuser_**

Hi Jorma - just tested, and that was indeed it. With Presenter updated to 7.0.7, all audio and sync worked fine.
Thank you so much, I have bookmarked your company details should we need Adobe training in future.

Adobe - please sort out your 'Check for Updates' technology, as - for my installation of PResenter via Acrobat X Suite at least - it does not work properly (said 7.0.6 was not updatable).

Board footer