Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-06-25 14:53:21

**_bhalbmaier_**

Adobe Training or Events

I'm looking at ways to do the following:
1) enable participants to self-enroll for in-class training
2) track completion of in-class training
3) track training taken outside the organization or from vendor sites (other online training resources)

Is there a way to do this using Adobe Training, or do I need Connect Pro Events to manage this?

Thank you to anyone who can provide insight!

#2 2012-06-25 16:56:46

**_mark2741_**

Re: Adobe Training or Events

Self-registration requires Events.

#3 2012-06-26 12:20:51

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Mark is correct. The events module will allow you to set up custom registration questions or do Campaign Tracking, were you can keep track of where your attendees come from.

#4 2012-06-26 12:28:53

alistairlee

Just to be clear - self registration only requires the Events module if the users are unknown (i.e. not in the Adobe Connect database).

Existing Adobe Connect users can self-register into a course or curriculum without Events.

#5 2012-06-26 12:31:24

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Assuming that you use the Training catalog and give the appropriate users access to it.

#6 2012-06-26 13:05:57

**_bhalbmaier_**

I believe where I have an issue is that Connect Training allows learners to self enroll for online content.  What I'm interested in is traditional classroom registration.  I haven't figured out how to have people enroll, interface with their calendar of choice and track attendee status. 

Do I need Events for in-class registration and monitoring?

#7 2012-06-26 13:11:59

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

AH, Connect doesn't really do anything for live events. I would reach out to ConferenceEdge and talk to them about their events tool, which can allow you to have people register for Connect based events, or live events, or just about anything you could think up.

http://www.confrenceedge.com

If you would like, contact me off forum, and I'll facilitate an introduction. jorma[at]realeyes.com

Board footer