Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-06-13 09:07:06

**_imatt3000_**

Issues when publishing Captivate 5 projects with random Question Pools

Has anyone else had publishing issues when publishing a Captivate 5 project (that uses Question Pools) in Connect Pro 7. I have a project that has 8 Quiz Questions that get randomnly pulled from a Question Pool. When I try to publish to the Connect Pro content library I receive an error that indicates "Failed to publish your project to the Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro Server. Verify your network connection and then retry."

The only way I got the file to publish correctly is to remove the questions that pulled from the question pool. I kept the two quiz questions that didn't pull from a pool and was able to successfully publish the file. Could I be missing a publishing setting? I just choose the Adobe Connect Pro option from the left side of the Publish screen and let it do it's thing.

Thank you very much for any help you can provide

#2 2012-06-14 08:05:04

**_AChemey_**

Re: Issues when publishing Captivate 5 projects with random Question Pools

imatt3000 - Make sure the questions all contain non-empty interactions and distractors.  There are multiple ways to do this - but if you've published (locally) with "Include Adobe Connect Metadata" enabled, look for a file with "{projectname}_TRMetadata.xml" and open it.  Look for any references where the response is EMPTY: 

<response id="1"></response>

(NOTE:  It should look like:  <response id="1">1</response>)

If you, you may look for that question in the Quiz Manager that has an empty distractor or possible answer.  make sure all distractor's have a value.

-Andrew

#3 2012-06-14 14:15:38

**_imatt3000_**

Re: Issues when publishing Captivate 5 projects with random Question Pools

Thank you AChemy!

I did check those variables and the file is listing things correctly with the appropriate values. I would like to provide a little more information from some additional testing I did yesterday. I've been able to isolate the issue specifically when using Copy and Paste.

I was able to create from scratch a project with Question Pools and randomization and have it work. The project that isn't working used questions that were copied from Microsoft Word into Captivate. I thought that it may be related to that process. So I copied from Microsoft Word and pasted into Notepad, I then took that and copied and pasted it into Captivate and it worked.

It appears that possibly Microsoft Word is maybe creating/applying code to my Copy so that when I paste it into Captivate it puts more than the text I'm copying? Does this sound like something that actually could happen?

Thank you to everyone for your assistance.

Board footer