Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-08-10 06:08:34

**_edgar_**

No Audio coming through on presentation on Lion based mac

Hi,

I have over the last year set up  a large number of presentations which are stored on the adobe server. These where all used without any issue for the last year.

I have now updated my Mac os X to 10.7 and every time i try to listen to a  presentation, I can hear the embedded videos but not the audio. I tried using a window based PC to listen to the same talk and it worked without any problem!

How can I solve this problem. I know that some of my students use macs and will thus be upgrading soon if they have not done it yet!

#2 2011-08-10 15:46:58

**_edgar_**

Re: No Audio coming through on presentation on Lion based mac

Any ideas anyone?

#3 2011-08-10 15:53:07

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Have you gone through the steps discussed in this thread? http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … hp?id=5524

Adobe is working on a production release of the Add-In and Flash player for Lion, but is not quite there. It is expected to be released in the next few days.

#4 2011-08-10 17:03:27

**_edgar_**

Thanks for that. The beta version fixed my problem.

#5 2011-08-28 21:44:25

**_jbvetter_**

Is there any update on the status of Adobe Connect Add-In for Lion?

Thanks so much.

Jim

Jorma_at_RealEyes wrote:

Adobe is working on a production release of the Add-In and Flash player for Lion, but is not quite there. It is expected to be released in the next few days.

Last edited by **_jbvetter_** (2011-08-28 21:44:57)

#6 2011-08-29 11:32:11

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

No word yet. Heyward would know better, as he is on Adobe's team.

#7 2011-09-10 20:11:52

**_heywardjr_**

The beta version is available if you want it. I am using it and adding comments back to development. It is still being tested and tweaked. I'll let you know when. I hope it is ready when 8.2 comes out in a few weeks. Notices began shipping to customers on that release on Friday.

#8 2011-09-12 05:30:44

**_edgar_**

Where can I get the beta version? For some reason my previous problem reappeared and still cannot get sound for my presentations. If I play my presentation during a meeting, they work fine.

#9 2011-09-19 20:13:44

**_heywardjr_**

You can email me to get the beta.  hdrummon@adobe.com

Latest update is that we have identified a bug with one particular critical function when we load the room. Apple has advised ways to get this to work. That is being tested and we expect release after 8.2 or along with 8.2.1 in November.

#10 2011-10-07 12:52:37

**_Snesbit_**

Hello,

I posted this in another forum, so apologies for the duplication:

I'm an end-user of Adobe (I'm a student taking online courses) so I'm not too sure what Adobe Suite my university has allowed it's professors to use.

My issue is that I can no longer hear the audio on the Adobe Presentation links.  I have upgraded the Flash Player (11.0.1.152), but that did not help.

I just finished a session with the IT department of my university, and they are baffled as well.  Basically, they told me that my work-around was to use my husband's 4 year old Dell....

Would the beta work for me, considering I'm just the end-user?  I don't need to produce anything, I just need to be able to hear what the professors are saying.

Thank you!

#11 2011-10-07 16:19:36

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

The add-in shouldn't be required for viewing and listening to a presentation. It may be an issue with Lion, as it seems like a majority of software manufacturers are seeing significant performance or compatibility issues. I would figure the new Flash Player would solve any issues related to compatibility, but if the Dell is the easiest answer, then it may be the right one for now.

My 4 year old Dell hasn't had any issue with viewing Presentations ;)

#12 2011-10-10 10:57:57

**_Snesbit_**

Ok - with many thanks to Heyward...I had to uninstall then reinstall Flash.  I had to install Java (Lion doesn't come with Java).  I had to do many complete shutdowns.  I also installed Google Chrome (had been trying to run this on Firefox).

Finally - after some halting starts (where 1 presentation would work and another would not) it appears that all is well in the kingdom of the Lion (ugh).  Looks like it's playing nicely with it's neighbors now...

Thanks again, Heyward!

#13 2012-05-04 14:11:15

**_pierre.fontaine_**

Sorry I did not ask my student for her OS version, but it is now the second occurence of one being unable to hear the audio of a Presenterized PowerPoint with a Mac. Our own token Mac uses Version 10.6.7 and works fine.

I notice one post has an "Accepted solution" flag, but the link it contains leads to a thread about Macs , meetings and Add-in. I believed the Add-in only affected meetings, doesn'it ?

We have our own server running Connect 8.2.0 and I fear the service calls wave of Mac users as they upgrade to the problematic OS version. I need a straightforward, shure shot solution for them, most are not comfortable with system tweaking. Of all the tricks mentionned in this thread, wich one is the actual winning fix ?

#14 2012-06-13 14:46:39

**_memarsh_**

Does anyone know if there is a solution to this problem yet? 

We tried the add-in, updating Flash, installing Java, publishing locally vs to a server.  None seems to work.  It seems to be an intermittent issue.  I also read somewhere that it works in Safari but not Chrome or Firefox.  Is there any truth to that?

We called Adobe Support, but they weren

Board footer