Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-03-28 14:06:00

**_jameslloyd_**

shopping for video input device

Hi y'all,

Anyone have the ability to suggest Adobe update the compatibility matrix at: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon … d=tn_16453

I need to get a second USB video capture converter.  The one I have is long out of manufacture and later versions from the same manf. are no longer 'windows video devices' but rather proprietary mpeg2 compressors.  meh.

I just wanns bring in composite video and have Connect recognize the source. 

A list of capture devices that are 'windows video devices' is really needed.

any help is appreciated.
-
james

#2 2008-04-08 17:32:04

**_jameslloyd_**

Re: shopping for video input device

Wow, this is so sad.

My entire webcast training program hinges on the fact that I have an ADStech Instant Video usb adaptor that works PERFECTLY - I mean, it's gorgeous - responds to all the Connect camera settings. 

But it's no longer made (bought it in 2005).  I bought the latest ADStech adaptor and it sporadically works and when it does, only in 1 configuration of settings ("High quality video" & "Standard" size).

If Adobe could tell me ONE product that would let me connect composite video in and USB2.0 out and work like the ADStech, I would buy it!  Is that really such an impossible task!!!!

#3 2008-04-15 08:10:25

**_ChrisLLC_**

We have used the Kworld DVD Maker usb 2.0: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6815100112

It works great for us to bring in video and audio.  Hope this is what you are looking for.

Last edited by **_ChrisLLC_** (2008-04-15 08:12:12)

#4 2008-04-15 10:06:54

**_jameslloyd_**

Hey, thanks for the reply Chris.

I've tested this from ADStech - no good (only one combination of Connect camera settings shows  a signal, and that image is stretched horizontally): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MTUQKS ($50)

I've ordered this from Hauppage: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000067U4X ($60)

I'll may end up spending $hundreds to figure out something ADOBE SHOULD BE ABLE TO TELL ME.

Chris, I'll try your rec next.  thanks again
-----
james

#5 2008-04-17 14:24:53

**_jameslloyd_**

Hey, the Hauppage device is working great.  When I received the package it specifically states the device can be used to 'videoconference'.  As much as I searched for 'videoconference' on shopping sites, I never could find this as a product description.  This converter installs properly (AFTER device detection it looks for drivers) and becomes available to the system as an imaging device.

If Adobe had a current list, I'd add this to it - LAUGH.
-
james

Last edited by **_jameslloyd_** (2008-04-17 14:25:33)

#6 2008-04-23 08:57:08

**_ChrisLLC_**

The downside I see to the Hauppauge is it does not do any audio but costs more then the Kworld.  The Kworld has USB, Audio, Video and SVideo for probably less money.  YOu never know when you will need to bring in audio and video from a DVD player or VCR if needed and port it into an Adobe Connect session.  Glad you did find something though.

#7 2008-04-23 09:58:24

**_jameslloyd_**

Thanks Chris - I still have the ADStech which also has audio, although I've had difficulty finding a mixing device in windows for it so I typically use the onboard audio of the computer anyway.

I still wish that Adobe could say - 'here's our recommendation' - it would save us all a lot of wasted time.

#8 2008-05-06 09:59:37

**_sallyxi_**

I also use Hauppage device, it works great. I used to search videoconference,but failed at last.

#9 2008-05-07 12:32:24

**_mase207_**

I have a MacBook that comes with IChat of course and a built in Audio/video(web-cam built into the screen)/visual and I noticed your options were AIM,yahoo IM,ICQ, and Jabber . Can I still use IChat to connect to contacts that might have web cams but use one of the fore-mentioned and not IChat. I find this technology to be a great way to connect to contacts in a more personal level and it feels like your talking man/woman to man/woman , I find it far superior to a phone call for instance and a great option if you can't attend a business meeting but want to participate.

Board footer