Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-07-31 23:16:03

**_jeremystory_**

I was told there were other registration API programs

I was told that there were other options for automatic registration approval via already made API's. 
We have Connect Pro Meeting and Training but not events.  We want people to be able to register via a simple form on our website and automatically be approved and signed up as a user for a particular course/curriculum in Training so that they can immediately take a course.  Does anyone already have this API?  Is there a third party registration app which has an API for Connect Training?  If there isn't where do I look for someone to make a simple API like this for us?

Jeremy

#2 2009-08-01 00:02:13

**_eomedia_**

Re: I was told there were other registration API programs

Hey Jeremy,

I'm not sure I understand completely what you're exact needs are, you may want to take a look at our solution which provides a registration, e-communications and integration with Adobe Connect. Our system allows you several options in approval/waitlist as well as some great single sign-on authentication and tracking with Connect.

You can check us out online at www.conferenceEdge.com

Thanks

Ryan

Edit:  Ahh I must have been a little sleep deprived when I read this originally, tlchurch is correct in that their is already an API web service for Connect which you can use to "roll your own" integration.  You can create a form and process the submission to include calls via Connect's API service to integrate that data with Connect.

A third party solution like ours has already done that integration work with our product.  I am personally not aware of anyone who has written a stand-alone product that you can plug-n-play with your own web form to make those calls.  However, from what you are saying it doesn't sound like you have very complex needs and it should be fairly easy for you to write your own or hire someone to do that quick integration for you.

You might want to indicate what platform (ColdFusion, .NET, Java, PHP, etc.) your website currently operates on as a developer who is familiar with the API may already have written calls for a specific language and can then more easily work with you to integrate that service.

Last edited by **_eomedia_** (2009-08-01 09:27:24)

#3 2009-08-01 05:44:05

**_tlchurch_**

Jeremy,

You can also find the built-in Connect API documentation here: http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/Acrobat … index.html

#4 2009-09-03 12:17:46

**_jcooper9099_**

I have already done this in coldfusion. Let me know if you are interested.

#5 2009-10-10 00:06:54

**_kk_**

tlchurch wrote:

Jeremy,

You can also find the built-in Connect API documentation here: http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/Acrobat … index.html

Yes, but there is no mention in this documentation about the specific requirement of Jeremy (and me). Is there a specific Web Service for allowing users to automatically register for a Connect Pro meeting by filling up a simple form embedded on my website?

Karan

#6 2009-10-10 00:30:19

**_eomedia_**

kk,

The documentation for the API covers the wide spectrum of web services that Connect offers which will allow you to take data from your source (e.g. a form submission or other) on your side and add them to a Connect meeting (amongst other options) in your account.

There is not a single existing "script" that you can copy and paste to your website which will automatically take your data and do this.  You can however write your own script, in whatever programming language you want to create this process.

To write your own script you will need to make several Connect API calls to accomplish this.  Here's a brief overview of the steps you would need to take, however, keep in mind that there are several other calls you may need to make to determine if user account already exists (get the existing principal-id) and to get the meeting scoID to pass in the call, etc.  This is just a high level overview to help illustrate.

1)  Login to Connect (requires admin account);

Arguments.baseURL#/api/xml?action=login&login=#Arguments.username#&password=#Arguments.password#

-- parse the response

2)  Create the User/Guest Account

#baseURL#/api/xml?action=principal-update&first-name=#Arguments.firstName#&last-name=#Arguments.lastName#&login=#Arguments.connectLogin#&password=#Arguments.connectPassword#&type=#Arguments.type#&email=#Arguments.email#&send-email=#Arguments.sendEmail#&has-children=0&session=#Arguments.loginCookie#

-- parse the response

3)  Add the user to a meeting

#baseURL#/api/xml?action=permissions-update&acl-id=#Arguments.meetingScoID#&principal-id=#Arguments.userPrincipalID#&permission-id=#Arguments.permission#&session=#Arguments.loginCookie#

-- parse the response

4)  Logout of Connect

#Arguments.baseURL#/api/xml?action=logout&session=#Arguments.loginCookie#

-- parse the response

If you goal is a very basic integration with a simple one way pass of information you may want to simply write your own process utilizing these API's.  If however you may actually want a more fully featured integration with Connect you may be better off looking at a third party solution that already integrates with Connect.  Think of it as writing your own simple e-commerce "cart" system vs using a fully developed e-commerce solution.

I hope this helps clarify things a little.

Ryan
www.conferenceEdge.com

#7 2009-10-10 00:42:50

**_kk_**

Hi Ryan,

I did visit conferenceedge.com to find out more about your solution but it looks like your contact form does not recognize international phone numbers so i had to put in a dummy US number(I am based in London, England) and sent you a message. I would like to know more about how I can do above using your product and also your pricing model.

Thanks,
Karan

#8 2009-10-10 01:59:26

**_eomedia_**

Karan,

I'll make sure someone follows up with you ASAP to get you the answers you need.

Also, the contact form on the website is not related in any way to our actual platform or software but is rather your standard marketing website that IT tries to avoid :).  Appreciate the heads up however and I'll have one of our guys contact marketing and look into it that for them.

Ryan

#9 2012-06-13 11:14:45

**_whoward_**

Hi,
I'd be very interested in seeing how a basic login using Coldfusion would work. Would you be willing just to show how the HTTP POST for login works?

jcooper9099 wrote:

I have already done this in coldfusion. Let me know if you are interested.

#10 2012-06-13 11:25:40

**_whoward_**

Hey Ryan,
This looks to be a coldfusion app, right? could you enlighten me as to what the login API call itself looks like -- is it a CFHTTP Post? I get a 'ok' response, but no actual login.

eomedia wrote:

1)  Login to Connect (requires admin account);

Arguments.baseURL#/api/xml?action=login&login=#Arguments.username#&password=#Arguments.password#

-- parse the response

#11 2012-06-13 13:37:53

**_whoward_**

i figured out the correct http post request, thanks,

Board footer