Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-04-22 11:28:36

**_mstajcar_**

Add speaker video

Hello

I am creating a Presenter virtual training piece. 6.2
I am trying to find a way to work with my speaker videos.
I have tried .flv and .swf... and they are @ 30fps.
I import them using the Slide Properties box.
When I preview through the Publish option, my video plays but
after a couple of seconds advances to the next slide. Not allowing the
the video to play in its entirety.
How do I control how long the slide stays up? And can I sync my slide
to what my presenter is speaking about?

I really appreciate any help
Melissa

#2 2008-04-22 12:20:55

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Add speaker video

You need to put as much silence in the slide as your video is long. The audio track is what dictates slide length.

As to the sync issue, that would be a more difficult issue. The easiest way of doing that, in my opinion, would be to publish an un-sync'd version and then play the video while you are in the Presenter Audio Editor tool and you can then move the click markers to the appropriate time in the slide for when you want animations to happen. But know that due to buffering and internet connectivity, your users may experience slight differences in the accuracy of the sync.

If anyone else has thoughts on this please post.

#3 2008-04-22 12:32:38

**_mstajcar_**

Thank you so much!
That totally worked :)

Have a wonderful day

#4 2008-04-23 14:02:01

**_robva65_**

Hey Guys!

As a resource, David Yun published a presentation on various ways to incorporate video.  That link is here:

https://admin.acrobat.com/_a40309409/pr … oexamples/

In addition to that, there are a couple of ways to work with your flv to determine when to sych PowerPoint elements to your video.

Option 1: there's "shareware" flv players out there that will allow you to play and view an flv file without having to depend on Flash to do so.  One such player is available here: http://www.download.com/FLV-Player/3000 … 67081.html.  Using utilities such as flv players will allow you to "time code" the flv, which in turn, will allow you to set the timing of objects in PowerPoint so that you can better synch animations.   Bottom line: while your flv plays in the outline panel, you can have various objects animating on the slide.

Option 2: Depending on the length of the flv, you could port that content directly into flash as a movie clip instance.  One of the major drawbacks, however, is that the larger the file, the heavier the "load" and impact while working in Flash.  It can be done, but I've seen larger flvs slow down the Flash app.  Again, this is in an attempt to figure out where/when objects need to be animated in PPT.  When you scrub the playhead in Flash, that will give you a rough time estimate that you can use when you go back to the Audio Editor tool in PowerPoint.

And don't forget Jorma's suggestion: you will still need to adjust the slide's duration by adding silence equal to the duration of the video clip.

Rob

#5 2008-05-06 22:31:06

**_philip.roy_**

Of course, this has all been superseded with the forth-coming version that has been announced, that will make things easier.

Cheers, Phil

Board footer