Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-04-09 16:54:21

**_TrainerX_**

Training Module questions

We're considering purchasing the training module and have a number of questions. We'd value any help any of you might provide!

We understand that the Training Module can deliver things like recorded Connect sessions as part of a curriculum. Can it also deliver and track completion of (without a Connect recording) Captivate or Presenter recordings?

Is there an upper-end limit for learners tracked? We have a potential audience of 100,000 and deliver about 20,000 asynchronous sessions a year. Can those be tracked?

What exactly is tracked if using Connect recordings, or Captivate or Presenter? Accesses? Completions? What?

Perhaps some of this is in documentation somewhere. Could anyone point me to that online?

Sincere thanks!

#2 2012-04-10 09:10:19

alistairlee

Re: Training Module questions

Hi TrainerX,

The Training module can track any content on the Adobe Connect server.  This includes on-demand content (like Presenter & Captivate), live meetings, recordings, PDF files, videos, as well as AICC (or SCORM with a wrapper) content.

It tracks different content in different ways.  For example with a video - it can only track that the video has been opened.  A Presenter or Captivate course might contain a quiz and in that case, Adobe Connect can provide detailed reporting on how the student answered the quiz questions.  Even if the Presenter/Captivate content did not contain a quiz, Connect will track how long the student spent viewing each slide.  In these cases, it can track completions.

I'm not aware of any upper limits for the number of learners or asynchronous sessions.  You'll only be constrained by (and licensed by) synchronous connections. 

Here's a quick video overview of how the Training module works:  http://youtu.be/2KmJMrWjAgw

Please let me know if you have any questions.

#3 2012-04-10 10:34:56

**_TrainerX_**

Great response, Alistair. Thank you!

#4 2012-04-10 20:10:01

**_NorthernStar_**

On the same topic, could we put a link to content hosted on a 3rd party server and have completion data sent back to connect if it's scorm or aicc complaint?

I ask because I only saw a manual completion option for outside content.

#5 2012-04-11 04:19:27

**_AChemey_**

NorthernStar,

Yes, there are ways to host content on a third-party server and have it launched/tracked by Adobe Connect. The three options I can think of off the top of my head are...

- AICC: import an HTML file which redirects to the third-party server (passing the required AICC parameters)
- AICC/SCORM: import an HTML file with the embed tag referencing the third-party server
- AICC/SCORM: perform the equivalent of LoadMovie to a SWF on a third-party server

Depending on the content, some of these options may require the crossdomain.xml file on the Adobe Connect server to be modified, which is not supported on Hosted solutions.  Also, you may need to configure you Flash-based content to support this functionality.

NOTE: My SCORM-to-AICC wrapper supports sending data across domains, but ideally requires the crossdomain.xml file to be configured on the server. Also, it requires the HTML redirect file I built for launching content from a third-party server, if that's where the content is hosted.

Regards,

Andrew

#6 2012-06-04 12:08:09

**_Stasz_**

Alistairlee,

I would like to take a deeper dive into Adobe Connect and the capabilities it has for hosting learning content. How can I contact you to discuss our requirements to see if Adobe Connect is the right solution?

Board footer