Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-05-10 09:35:18

**_alsodenn_**

Save data in a connect session?

Hi

I'm working on a countdown custom pod. The countdown works already, but I have a problem.

If I hide the custom pod and show it again, the actual time of the countdown is lost.

Is there a possibility to store a value in a session or similiar object which I can read when I show the countdown again after hiding?

I tried the "Countdown Timer" from Alistair Lee and this pod don't lose the actual countdown time when I hide and show the pod again.

How does this works?

Thank you for your ideas...

#2 2012-05-10 11:33:42

alistairlee

Re: Save data in a connect session?

I believe it is possible to store content in a shared local object for flash apps - but that's not the approach I took.

I actually have two custom pods that work as countdown timers: CountDown Timer and Stage Lights.  Stage Lights loses its data when you switch layouts as well since it reloads the pod.

To get around this for my countdown timer - I set the timer based on a clock instead of a time object that gets counted down.

In other words, if you set the timer for 12 minutes at 10:50am, then instead of counting down from 12 minutes, it counts down from 11:02am.

Not sure if that makes sense or not. 

Good luck with the pod.

#3 2012-05-30 09:33:34

**_alsodenn_**

Re: Save data in a connect session?

Hi alistairlee

Thank you for your reply!

Can I read a server time/date with the API or with the XML webservice? I didn't found it.
I don't want to use the client time because of the different timezones.

Board footer