Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-05-23 00:04:11

**_JHH2211_**

Adobe Connect Mobile - Using a Private Cloud

We setup portable classrooms in hotel conference centers. We have to assume that only the instructors PC will have access to public Wifi. The students using iPads will not have public internet access. However, we setup a LinkSys router that the instructor and all attendees can connect to.

My question is; can we host a Connect meeting whereby only the host PC has public WiFi and the participants connect via a private wireless network confined to the room?

#2 2012-05-23 08:39:49

alistairlee

Re: Adobe Connect Mobile - Using a Private Cloud

Yes - but it would require an on-premise version of Adobe Connect.

In this scenario - the host wouldn't even need access to the public internet. Adobe Connect server could be run from a single PC. Students would be connecting via the Linksys router to the server PC.

Obviously, this isn't a production environment, but I've used this setup several times for training events. It makes for an incredibly fast and responsive environment since everything is local.

If you're NOT using an on-premise version of Adobe Connect, then I don't believe this is possible. Since the hosted version of Adobe Connect is hosted on the internet - all devices would require access to the internet.

#3 2012-05-23 08:45:19

**_JHH2211_**

Re: Adobe Connect Mobile - Using a Private Cloud

Thank you for the quick response. This will be really helpful for us. Is there anything special I need to know in regards to configuring Adobe Connect on a local server? Can I just run this on Windows7 laptop?

Board footer