Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-05-03 04:04:33

**_nudga_**

Issues with LDAPS & SSL

All,

Issue 1,
I am trying to configure Connect 7.5.1 to my DC using LDAPS. I have configured LDAP sucessfully through Port 389. However when I try to configure the directory Service Settings [LDAP Server url] using LDAPS port 636 Adobe will Not verify this setting. I am running Windows Server 2008 all AV and firewall switched off.

I have sucessfuly connected to my DC using the windows ldp.exe over the Port 636 LDAPS but Adobe will not verify.

I have created the Certificates for the local machine using the Keytool commands.

Issue 2
In Addition since I configured Adobe connect over SSL the meeting server now times out. the web console says the Metting room could not contact the Connect Pro Server.
The Access log file suggests "Timed Out Waiting for Database Conection" Principal DB_Conection_Time_out E (The Connect Database is running upon a seperate SQL server and it is up )
Also this morning I am getting "The Requested resource is unavailable" No_Access_Not_Available E

Would appreicate any help.

Many Thanks
Dave

#2 2012-05-22 10:05:22

**_nudga_**

Re: Issues with LDAPS & SSL

All,

I have now successfully managed to Verify LDAPS upon Adobe Connect, the issues were down to a domain controller.

However, I am still experiencing Major Issues securing the web console / with SSL.

I have made the Cert Req files with the Private Keys and have used OpenSSL to put them in the .pem format. I therefore have a key.pem and a .pem for my Connect Server and key.pem and a .pem for my meeting server. I have adjusted the Adaptor.xml pointing to these .pem files within the Adobe Connect 7.5.1 folder. The Custom.ini has also been adjusted accordingly.

In the event log upon the server is reporting several errors relating to the FMS (Edge) - I haven't configured an Edge Server. They are Event ID 1005,1114,1225 along the line of Failed to Start the listeners for Adaptor. Then a Event id 1122 Server aborted.

The Connect server was working fine using http://

Can you advise any fixes ?
Thanks

Last edited by **_nudga_** (2012-05-22 10:32:48)

Board footer