Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-05-16 22:44:35

**_SanjayConnect_**

System Requirements Changes in New Adobe Connect Release

A new major release of Adobe Connect will be launched in the second half of 2012. As with any release, we took a close look at the technology environment to update our system requirements. We want to make sure you are aware of the following few system requirements changes as early as possible so that you have enough time to prepare for them:

1) A new Adobe Connect add-in will be required. The new add-in will be based on a later version of Flash Player and provide better performance. The new add-in will also enable our developer community to create custom pods targeting Flash Player 10. The add-in will be made available 30 to 60 days ahead of the release.

2) Flash Player 10.3 or higher will be required to attend meetings in the browser and will provide better performance. 

3) The Internet Explorer 6 browser will no longer be supported as worldwide usage has dropped significantly. Microsoft is aggressively encouraging users to upgrade as it plans to stop supporting the Internet Explorer 6 browser soon.

4) The new add-in will not be supported on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), as Apple has deprecated the screen sharing APIs. Leopard users will still be able to attend meetings in the browser.

5) There is no add-in for Ubuntu 10.04 Linux.  Users on Linux (Ubuntu, Red Hat and OpenSUSE) will still be able to attend meetings in the browser.  The new add-in for Ubuntu Linux is planned in the first service pack after the new Adobe Connect release.

We are looking forward to an exciting new release.  Should these changes create any concern, please drop us a comment in this thread, or contact our support team.

Thanks

Sanjay Agrawal
Senior Product Manager
Platform & Security

#2 2012-05-17 10:41:20

**_Jstegenga_**

Re: System Requirements Changes in New Adobe Connect Release

Sanjay -
There will be an Add-in for NEWER apple OS-X versions, correct?

Any update on the MOBILE apps for 9.0?

Thanks,
John

#3 2012-05-17 12:41:57

**_LMCool_**

Can you clarify ~ will IE6 work or is IE8 a requirement? We are in the process of purchasing Connect and a number or our employees are still on IE6.

Thank you
Lynn

#4 2012-05-17 15:15:14

**_Jstegenga_**

You would probably want to upgrade those users to IE7, Firefox, or IE8 then.
IE6 is end of life by Microsoft, and extended support ends sometime this year...

#5 2012-05-18 04:28:54

**_SanjayConnect_**

John,
We have one Add-in that supports different Mac OS X versions. The new Mac Add-in with new Adobe Connect release will support Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 (and later 10.8). There will be a separate post on mobile apps for new Adobe Connect Release.

#6 2012-05-18 04:30:53

**_SanjayConnect_**

Lynn,
IE 6 users should upgrade to later IE versions (7, 8 or 9). They can also use latest versions of Firefox and Chrome bowsers.

#7 2012-05-18 10:30:39

**_LMCool_**

Good to know ~ Thanks!

Lynn

#8 2012-05-21 14:33:32

**_jmay_**

Are you guys finally going to allow Widescreen (16:9) webcams?

I'm not even worried about HD quality webcams, I just want to use a widescreen aspect ratio (640x360, or 720x480, heck, even 480x270, or 400x225) in my connect room.   It would make capturing a conference room table much easier.

And no, I don't want to spend more money to buy Talking Stick or any other 3rd party software.  :)

#9 2012-06-07 17:41:17

**_J_Kaiser_**

jmay wrote:

Are you guys finally going to allow Widescreen (16:9) webcams?

I'm not even worried about HD quality webcams, I just want to use a widescreen aspect ratio (640x360, or 720x480, heck, even 480x270, or 400x225) in my connect room.   It would make capturing a conference room table much easier.

And no, I don't want to spend more money to buy Talking Stick or any other 3rd party software.  :)

widescreen was in the product AC v7 and backwards, we could change the settings in the camera pod. I think the product team just removed some user options, to simplify? Have you thought about tweaking the FMS settings, provided you're on-premise?

#10 2012-06-12 04:40:49

**_moldovanin_**

Hi, all.
This new version will work with MS SQL 2012 server?

#11 2012-07-26 02:09:46

**_dali_**

Sanjay, is there any for system requirements available for on premise installations for AC9?

Last edited by **_dali_** (2012-07-26 02:10:44)

#12 2012-08-16 03:51:13

**_Blik_**

Since I'm currently migrating to 8.x, I would also like to second dail's question so that I could already prepare our server for AC 9.

#13 2012-09-05 08:26:11

**_toddbooth_**

You didn't even mention which Windows you will support.  Please confirm that you will fully support Windows 8.  Also, do you have a beta, that works with Windows 8?  Thanks!

#14 2012-10-08 13:19:48

**_SanjayConnect_**

System requirements for on-premise Connect 9 deployments can also be found on http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconn … specs.html

We will support Windows 8. Windows 8 classic/desktop mode already works today. The Windows 8 style UI mode (previously called metro mode) will be supported in November.

#15 2012-10-12 09:58:35

**_jonaslagneryd_**

Hi,
We have a Mac OS computer with system 10.7.5 and with Firefox version 3.6 that cannot download the new Add-in and thus cannot go into the meeting.
Is this a know bug?
Cheers, Jonas

#16 2012-10-23 18:48:09

**_SanjayConnect_**

Hi Jonas,

Add-in is not required to go into meeting. Add-in is required for screensharing. We are not aware of any Add-in download issues with FF 3.6 & Mac 10.7.5. Please provide more  details about error you are getting. You can try to pre-install the Add-in from http://www.adobe.com/support/connect/do … dates.html and see if that works.

--Sanjay

Board footer