Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-07-19 12:03:39

**_JWalker_**

PDFs slow to load in curriculum

We have a curriculum setup in which there are PDF files.  Everything in the curriculum loads quickly and responds well to navigation... however, all of the PDFs are majorly stuck.  They take a long time to load, regardless of size, and then you can only navigate to the next page after you wait for about 5 minutes.  Sometimes they lock up our computers too.

When I open the PDFs I created for this from my hard drive, they work fine... anyone else having this issue?

Last edited by **_JWalker_** (2011-07-19 12:03:55)

#2 2011-07-19 20:48:54

**_AChemey_**

Re: PDFs slow to load in curriculum

JWalker - That doesn't sound right.  Do you personally ever experience issues?  Could it be a versioning issue (Acrobat version you have vs. your colleagues)?

Feel free to contact me directly to review with you and we can post results back here.

-Andrew

Andrew AT LearningConsulting DOT com

#3 2011-07-20 09:46:47

**_JWalker_**

Hi,

I just got Acrobat X, but some of the other users in my agency are still on 9 and are having issues.  I am having the problem myself.  I tested it from home last night and it worked ok for me great... could it be my new version of reader here or maybe it's something in our office?  Our Internet is excellent here...

#4 2011-07-20 09:51:12

**_AChemey_**

At work you are experiencing a problem (slow performance opening/navigating pages), but at home you are not experiencing a problem?  At work, does it consistently cause a problem at work (e.g. every time for the same file)?

#5 2011-07-20 10:01:49

**_JWalker_**

Yes, at home it works.  At work, it's painfully slow and consistent throughout all PDF files I have in my curriculum.  Whenever I access either the content or the associated course the PDF file takes FOREVER to load and then I can only scroll through about 1 page/5 minutes.

#6 2011-07-20 10:15:40

**_AChemey_**

I don't believe it's a versioning issue.  It could be, but I suspect something in the office may be causing a conflict.  Please contact me off-list and I'll give you access to my installation of Adobe Connect with a Curriculum with a PDF. 

-Andrew

#7 2011-07-20 10:17:07

**_JWalker_**

Thank you!!  I'm not sure how to contact you?

#8 2011-07-20 10:18:05

**_AChemey_**

Andrew AT LearningConsulting DOT com

#9 2012-05-15 11:21:37

**_ABKW2012_**

We are actually having the same exact problem with the PDF content loading painfully slow.  I am in the exact same situation as JWalker and tried the same troubleshooting and received the same results. 

Any resolution to this problem?  It would be greatly appreciated!

#10 2012-05-16 09:23:14

**_JWalker_**

We were told (and tested) that if we removed the tracking piece from the Acrobat file (ActionScript) everything would work fine--and it did.  BUT, then you don't know that they've viewed the materials completely.  I believe it might have been addressed in an upgrade, but we abandoned the curriculum module almost completely due to this issue.  We may try it again another time.

Board footer